Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weight At 6 Months

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Just out of curiousity what was you shih tzu's weight at 6 months. Daisy is 7lbs. I read on another shih tzu message board that a girls shih tzu was 11 lbs at 6 months. Is Daisy under weight or was that shih over weight? Thanks

Courtney

Posted

Just out of curiousity what was you shih tzu's weight at 6 months. Daisy is 7lbs. I read on another shih tzu message board that a girls shih tzu was 11 lbs at 6 months. Is Daisy under weight or was that shih over weight? Thanks

Courtney

I guess it depends on the parents, etc. Zeke is 5 months old today! :roflmao: He got his last booster on Tuesday and he weighed 8.5lbs.

Posted

Shih Tzu weight depends upon parents/grandparents - also, they have growth spurts at different times. Simontheporker was 3 lbs. at 3 months - 8 lbs. at 6 months, and now at one year, he is 10 lbs.

Posted

milo is 4 months he weighs 8.8 pounds the vet said he was healthy!

Posted

I think Ziggy and Nemo weighed something like 11 pounds when 6 months and now they are consistently at 16-17 pounds at 2 1/2 and 2 years old. But their doggie mama and daddy both only weighed about 12 pounds full grown. And same with their grandparents. Go figure.

Posted

A friend of mine has a tzu that is about 8 months and he weighs 14 pounds...he's a little piggy.

Posted

actually 14 pound at 8 months is normal and healthy for a shih tzu

Posted

Daisys weighed 3 lbs at two months, 7 lbs at 6 months, and now at 2 years old is 11.2 lbs but has a very delicate frame.

Posted

Don't know what Meiko weighted at 6 mos. but he is 11 mos now and weighs about 13 lbs.

Posted

my tzus are porkers! :bdaycake: lol..k my furkids range from 9.5 to 13 lbs :P I guess it depends on the parents size, but my Big Mac is a wonder as he is huge and his sisters are really small compared to him. Big Mac is the biggest in my lot :P :wub:

Posted

I have 4 Shih Tzu all unrelated but born within a few weeks of each other. Lucy is my smallest @ 6 months she is 3.9 pounds, Kimber is 4.11 pounds @ 6 months, Blade is 7 pounds at 6 months and Claire is 6 pounds at 7 months.

Posted

Here is an updated pic of Blade...my biggest.

Posted

what a cute Blade is - I love the name!

Posted

and after our trip to the vets I can tell you Smurf weighs 7.5 kilos which I think is about 16 1/2 lbs. I weighed Max at home and according to my scales he's 9 kilos which is about 19 3/4lbs. Yikes... no wonder I have trouble carrying both of them. But they don't look fat, they are really energetic and run and play all day long. We'll just say they're big boned.

Posted

LOL! You just have big boys! Cassey only weighed 5.2 pounds at 6 months old and now she is 14.8 pounds. Very tall though so she looks very big or much bigger than most tzus. Zoie was around 6.5 pounds at 6 months and now she is 15.1 pounds. No legs at all so she just looks very "round". She is at the groomers today, so maybe after they cut that long hair off she will loose a couple of ounces! LOL!

Angie