Great places in NY to take your dogs?

I'm in NY and I live in the center, really.

In fact, I'm in Dutchess Co.

Any way, I've taken my dog to Kent Falls (located on the border of NY and CT), a community dog park, and Kensico Dam (located in Westchester Co, NY).

For those of you in NY, what are some great places to take your dogs?

I've never been to New York. My great grandmother lived in Queens but The Great Depression forced her to move to rural Georgia. Had that not happened I might have been a New Yorker. I'll bet NY is a lot more dog friendly than Georgia is. You really can't take your dogs many places here. They are just not welcome. Sounds like your Deez is going to be a well traveled dog. :)

Oh trust me, he is.

He took a long ride from here, to South Carolina.

He's a traveling dog. He's a leisure dog, apparently.

ShihtzuBeauty

I've only been once. I went w/my sister and her kids to visit her hubby while he was working there. We took all 4 furkids on the 17hr. trip, one way they were Great! I didn't get into the city which I was bummed about but we did that the kids and 4 furkids to Niagra Falls it was Awsome! :dede:

GizmoHappyKitty

I have never been to New York, let alone the east coast, so I don't know what's available near you where you can take your dog. But, they do have quite a few listings of places that allow dogs on dogfriendly.com, just not sure if any of them are close to where you are?

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/g...ityguides.shtml

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/g...usstateNY.shtml

Michele and the pups

Shihtzubeauty, Deez has been to Niagra Falls 3 times - he apparently liked the waiting pools but the people didn't want him in there. Lol

Thanks GizmohappyKitty, checked out the site and mentioned some of the places to my mom. She said we'll get around to one or two by the summer. :closedeyes:

Come up to the Adirondacks,only come in the Summer when its warm,plenty of lakes for the doggies to swim ,that is if they like the water.Overall they are pretty Dog friendly up here.

Thanks Janemin.

The Catskills are pretty dog friendly as well. But the Adirondacks seem good as well.

Thanks again. :closedeyes:

• 4 months later...
loewenthal.anna

I was really hoping this was NYC, I would LOVE someone else's dogs to be able to enjoy lolly's and my favorite doggy hot-spots. Middle of NY eh? I have family in Poughkeepsie and they bring their dogs out to the lake and they've told me there are a bunch of really great nature trails around there that aren't so uptight about leash laws so long is your dog is well behaved.

Let me ask them and I'll get back to you :flowers: