What's For Supper? Grilled Veggies YUMMMM

MaryBebo

Hi all I Love this time of the year when you can get out and grill. For the last few yrs. we have been grilling our veggies. Hubby has had 4 bypasses and I want to learn to eat better. SOOO we have learned to grill all sorts of foods. Veggies are great on the grill so I thought I would share tonights meal :dede: with pics.

Yellow Squash

YellowSquash.jpg

Zucchini

Zucchini.jpg

Green Onion

Greenonion.jpg

Bell Peppers all colors these had been frozen and rinced off

peppers.jpg

Seasoned with

Ingredientsforveggies.jpg

Tossed in bowl to mix up. Then put on Grill in this Basket

GrillingBasket.jpg

VeggiesontheGrill.jpg

After it's done ...ya smell it?

CookedVeggies.jpg

You may already eat Veggies like this but then again you may not. Any way we Love this :D

I love the way food looks !!! YUMMMMM

Edited by MaryBebo
KristenE

Um, so what's for dinner tomorrow? I'll be there early to help :dede:. Looks YUMMY!!!!!

That is the only way I cook veggies ON THE GRILLYummy,do you put some garlic in for season.I also throw in tomatoes That makes me hungry just thinking about itIsee you use Olive oil Me too.

MaryBebo

That is the only way I cook veggies ON THE GRILLYummy,do you put some garlic in for season.I also throw in tomatoes That makes me hungry just thinking about itIsee you use Olive oil Me too.

If you didn't live so far you would be welcome :dede:

Yes , I use a little of Garlic & Herb. I have put tomatoes in right before taking it off the grill so they don't get to mushy. Olive oil is great on fish too.

We were at a friends house the first time we had grilled veggies and at first thought ??? not sure if we would like it. We always thought every thing had to be battered and fried.

borzoimom

Man- wish I had seen this last night, as I could not figure out what I wanted.. lol Would you mind another person for dinner tonight? :dede:

I make that all the time. add some baby bella mushrooms and bite size grilled chicken breast. I also add Savory spice to it. Oh its so good.

tzukeeper

I love grilled veggies! Have you ever tried portabella mushrooms on the grill? You marinate them just like you would steaks and then brush them with olive oil before you grill them. They can be served on a bun like a hamburger with other veggies. They are so good and I promise you won't even miss the meat. :dede:

Seastar

That looks just great! If you threw in a bunch of prawns, even greater!

We'll definitely try that. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

luvinpreciousntoby

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I love the summertime.. it means fresh veges and grilling! that looks delicious.. I think I'll have to give it a try! I try to grill nearly everything in the summer,, and this year even moreso as I'm trying to lose a few lbs..lol... Thanks!

MaryBebo

I make that all the time. add some baby bella mushrooms and bite size grilled chicken breast. I also add Savory spice to it. Oh its so good.

I love grilled veggies! Have you ever tried portabella mushrooms on the grill? You marinate them just like you would steaks and then brush them with olive oil before you grill them. They can be served on a bun like a hamburger with other veggies. They are so good and I promise you won't even miss the meat. :console:

Never have added The Mushrooms but that sounds yummy too, Thanks Yummm

That looks just great! If you threw in a bunch of prawns, even greater!

We'll definitely try that. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Don't know what prawns is???? Need to find out :hug:

All Welcome :flowers:

Who's gonna cook the next meal?

luvinpreciousntoby

Well, I'm cooking tonight,, and it's going to be... zuchinni, squash, onions & peppers seasoned and put on the grill... hmmm sound familiar??? Thanks for the idear!!!

CrazyTzuLady

Ooohhh we love grilled veggies! Your making me hungry! :flowers:

MaryBebo

Well, I'm cooking tonight,, and it's going to be... zuchinni, squash, onions & peppers seasoned and put on the grill... hmmm sound familiar??? Thanks for the idear!!!

How was Supper? Did you Grill the Veggies? :)

tzuhouse

OMG that looks amazing, unfortunately hubby doesn't like most of the veggies you used....he love broccoli, asparagus, carrots......a few others. Wonder if I could do the same with those?

ShihtzuBeauty

Yum that looks Awsome!!! I had a grilled 5oz. chicken breast on 2 pieces of whole grain sugar free bread w/my fat free butter w/Mrs. Dash garlic and herb mixed into it. I added a slice of lettuce and a tomatoe then had 1C. of steamed cauliflower and a few cucumbers and onions in vinagar. :)

MaryBebo

Yum that looks Awsome!!! I had a grilled 5oz. chicken breast on 2 pieces of whole grain sugar free bread w/my fat free butter w/Mrs. Dash garlic and herb mixed into it. I added a slice of lettuce and a tomatoe then had 1C. of steamed cauliflower and a few cucumbers and onions in vinagar. :blush-anim-cl:

That sounds good! And Healthy :)

I love grilled veggies! Have you ever tried portabella mushrooms on the grill? You marinate them just like you would steaks and then brush them with olive oil before you grill them. They can be served on a bun like a hamburger with other veggies. They are so good and I promise you won't even miss the meat. :blush-anim-cl:

Mmmm Mmmm,Had those too.I think they taste just like hamburghers ,only better.I'm eating them without the bun as I am losing weight too.

Also for those not watching their weight,my daughter takes fresh corn off the cob & grills it with her veggies.Only she takes all of the veggies & wrap them in alluminum foil like a tent & puts them on her gas grill.

luvinpreciousntoby

Last night I grilled your vege recipe.. and I must say.... it was delicious.... We all loved it!!! In fact my son even comment,, hey mom.. these veges are really good... I think I have a new favorite.. and healthy too! Thanks...

luvinpreciousntoby

That's so funny,,, Billie loves macaroni and tomato juice.. I had never heard of it until Billie made it... I'm not sooo keen on it.. must be an acquired taste... are you from Florida??? They must make it a lot down there..lol

ShihtzuBeauty

Ill be having macaroni and tomatoe juice for supper...

I'll make something similar I'll make the mac and cheese as normal then add cooked hamburger and tomatoe juice to it and let it simmer 'til thick they Love it! Sometimes I'll add a bit of pizza sauce for a kick of flavor then usually have garlic bread or Texas toast w/it.

tzuhouse

I'll make something similar I'll make the mac and cheese as normal then add cooked hamburger and tomatoe juice to it and let it simmer 'til thick they Love it! Sometimes I'll add a bit of pizza sauce for a kick of flavor then usually have garlic bread or Texas toast w/it.

Now I fix that all the time, call it goulash. But I used hamburger, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and dried flaked onion. One of our favorite meals. I did have the tomato juice and mac when growing up, just not enough flavor for me. BUT, I would never turn it down.....I smother both with parm cheese.