What's For Supper? Grilled Veggies YUMMMM

tzuhouse

Oh, if looking for EASY recipies, here is one of my favorites.

Chicken breasts, tenders are easier (but I use boneless, skinnless thighs, cause we like dark meat), put in pan, no need to brown unless you just want to, pour large jar of Pace Picante sauce (I use medium) over it and simmer til the meat is cooked through. Serve over white rice....YUMMO. Sooooo easy, which I LOVE.

Any EASY recipies.....please bring em on. Hope that is not thread jacking.....

i have another recipe that my grandmother taught me, and I can guarantee its not in any recipe book in the entire world...

I call it homemade hamburger helper.

1lb hamburger meat cooked with about 1/4 cup of water together. DO NOT DRAIN

Add 1/8cup of onion to that skillet

(1) 8 oz can of tomatoe sauce

1 giant squirt of ketchup, not neccessary to measure but probably about 1/2 cup

Seperately boil egg noodles, I use no yolk version, probably half a bag.

After they are boiled to the directions on the bag, add those to the hamburger mixture.

Then add 1/2 cup of chese of shredded or 3 slices. (I use sliced cheese but you can use shredded if you wish.)

Mix that in so that its melted with the sauce.

Then add a layer of cheese to the top and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted probably about 5 mins on 350degrees if its preheated.

My husband is picky and he absolutely loves this, and my mom she never seen what me and granny got out of this dish but she finally tried right before granny died and is now in love with it and beggng me to help her with it. Granny never wrote it down it was something that was in her head and cooked on a much smaller scale but I have a hearty eater for a husband so I had to up the recipe lol.

Edited by Stacey
MaryBebo

Oh, if looking for EASY recipies, here is one of my favorites.

Chicken breasts, tenders are easier (but I use boneless, skinnless thighs, cause we like dark meat), put in pan, no need to brown unless you just want to, pour large jar of Pace Picante sauce (I use medium) over it and simmer til the meat is cooked through. Serve over white rice....YUMMO. Sooooo easy, which I LOVE.

Any EASY recipies.....please bring em on. Hope that is not thread jacking.....

Yummm all those sound good!

Bring them on :) I love new Recipies. Mom would make the Mac & Tomato Juice when I was at home and I think she would add Sugar & Salt to it...not sure why but I loved it too . :)

Another easy one for me that my kids love is Parmesan Chicken.

Boneless Chicken I use Breast meat

1 Stick of Marg.

1pk Ritz Crackers crushed up

1C parm cheese.

Melt Marg. in a Broiling pan on low heat on eye.

in dish Crush up Crackers add parm cheese & mix together.

Dip Chicken in Marg then in Cracker mixture after all Chicken is battered put back into Broiling pan cover with foil and bake 40min on 350. It's very tender and we love it too . :)

This is good with Mashed potatoes and other Vegs.

Wicket's mom

So many yummy sounding recipes, I'm gonna bookmark this thread :)

I found a porc chop recipe last year that we absolutely love! My DH likes more traditional meals and is very skeptic when I try new things but he really likes this one, and doesn't take very long to make. I usually just serve them alongside mashed potatoes (I like to cream them with milk, a bit of butter & salt) and boiled carrots.

Tender glazed porc chops

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp dried oregano

4 boneless porc chops (I have used with bones too and it's just as good)

1 cup apricot preserves

1 1/2 tsp lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp lime juice

2 Tbsp olive oile

Combine 1st 3 ingredients & sprinkle over porc chops. Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-low heat.

Meanwhile, in a sm saucepan, combine preserves, lemon & lime juice. Cook & stir over low heat till preserves are melted.

Add the porc to the heated skillet & cook 8-10 mins, until lightly browned on one side. Turn the chops, generously brush with the apricot glaze. Cook 8-10 mins more, until juices run clear.

Serve with remaining glaze.

Bring them on :) I love new Recipies. Mom would make the Mac & Tomato Juice when I was at home and I think she would add Sugar & Salt to it...not sure why but I loved it too . :)

its salt.

boil water a tad bit of salt, and a 1/8 cup of veg. oil., then add elbow macaroni boil for 7 mins (or according to package) then drain all but about 1/4th out of it leaving just a bit for taste and add tomatoe juice until the macaroni is covered then stir and heat...... then eat!

I add black pepper to mine after its cooked. Yummy.......... I got a picture of me as a little kid in a high chair, mom had put soup beans and macaroni and tomatoe juice on the tray for me to pick up with my fingers.... LOL aaah the life back then ehhehe

Wicket's mom

Oooh, and I forgot this one, so simple but yummy:

Pasta with shrimp & Broccoli

2 cups of tubular pasta (ex. penne)

1 Tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil

1 minced garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic powder

5 oz of peeled shrimp (approx 15 lg or 24 med)

1 1/2 cups broccoli cut into very small pieces

1 Tbsp basil

Prepare pasta as per package directions & drain

Meanwhile, in lg non-stick skillet, warm 1 Tbs Olive oil on med heat. If using fresh garlic, add just the garlic & cook 30 seconds before adding shrimp. If using powder, add garlic & shrimp together, cook stirring for 4-5 mins (until shrimp turns opaque)

Add broccoli & remaining 1 tsp of oil to the skillet. Cook stirring often for 3 mins.

Add to pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle the basil on top

Enjoy!!

luvinpreciousntoby

I love this thread..

ShihtzuBeauty

Now I fix that all the time, call it goulash. But I used hamburger, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and dried flaked onion. One of our favorite meals. I did have the tomato juice and mac when growing up, just not enough flavor for me. BUT, I would never turn it down.....I smother both with parm cheese.

Now This is how I would love to cook. Ray isn't big on onion green or red peppers etc...he's very plain. :dede: Boring man I Miss real food and eating as much of it as you want too. :)