Any recommends for good Tzu fun in the New Orleans area

mr.coffee

oh...title says it all.

We've taken Harley to Audubon Park, and he seems to do okay there so far. He's been downtown and the hustle bustle chaos tends to make him a little nervous yet.

I don't really know how he'd fare on beaches, we go to the Gulf coast a lot, I guess we'll try it on him eventually.

-m

luvinpreciousntoby

I'm not from New Orleans but recently took our pups to the beach and they love it!! Toby was splashing in the water and running in the sand... I will warn,, he was a mess at the end of a fun day tho.. sand all over his lil nose and face..

Good Luck.. it's always fun to find new places to take our Tzus...

mr.coffee

I'm not from New Orleans but recently took our pups to the beach and they love it!! Toby was splashing in the water and running in the sand... I will warn,, he was a mess at the end of a fun day tho.. sand all over his lil nose and face..

Good Luck.. it's always fun to find new places to take our Tzus...

Where do you go? The bays, the Atlantic? Inland waters? Doesn't look like y'all have much in the way of lakes & ponds in the immediate area...

I guess my biggest concerns would be small dog in big surf (no, we don't see "big" surf in the gulf, but even a moderate chop with 1-2' waves would be enough to knock Harley silly) or rip currents, and the risk of jellies or stingrays...I expect frolicking dog paws splashing & smashing would scare off most rays before they posed a threat, but jellyfish are no fun. I've not had the misfortune of getting hit by either, but most of my friends and family have dealt with jellies and my BFF got hit by a Cownose Ray in Galveston a few years back.

I don't mind bathing & grooming Harley, he's getting more cooperative every time, so sand & saltwater hair are no big deal to me. :)

-m