Where Can I Bring My Baby?

melissajean

where are some places it is legal to take your fur kids? like gas stations, landry mats, tape stores? where do you guys bring your babies on a allmost daily basis?

GizmoHappyKitty

I've taken mine to the mall when they were tiny and I could put them in a purse, but they're too big to get away with that now.

Some of the places that allow them up here are Home Depot (the allow dogs of all sizes as long as they are in a cart), pet stores, carpet stores, almost any other store where they don't sell food will allow them as long as they don't have a sign on the front door that says otherwise. I've even taken mine in to McDonalds with me before when he was tiny (inside his carrier of course) just to order my meal and then we went out on the patio outside. I used to take him to work with me (I work at a dog groomers) and we used to ride the bus to and from work, so I wasn't going to leave him in his carrier outside by himself so I had to bring him in with me. We go to Starbucks quite often and sit outside, also any other little coffee shop that has outdoor seating usually doesn't mind the dogs being there.

melissajean

what about wal mart? has any one taken there pups in there? ours is turning into a super wal mart but not for a while. maybe I can sneak her into our mall lol.

Meiko'sMom

I don't think Walmart will allow any animals since they sell food.

ziggynemo

We have a lot of pet bakeries and pet stores here so they can go there. Also, like someone mentioned, Home Depot, and we take ours to Bass Pro Shop, too. A lot of outdoor cafes will let you sit with your dog too.

I haven't taken Kismet to many places. She does come w/ us to my moms house and my grandma's when we go visit them.

We used to allow them to come into the hair salon that I worked in but state law doesn't allow them in when they have a tanning bed in the facility. So we couldn't let them come in anymore.

I take them to my kids outdoor ball games and their favorite is the drive-in Sonic. We also have an old fashioned drive-in movie theater near us and Buster and Ollie love to sneak popcorn.

corrie and zeke

I've never tried it, but Brewsters Ice Cream shops are starting to pop up here and there and I've heard that if you take a dog there, they'll give you a little scoop of vanilla with a dog bone on top. :whistling:

I've carried Zeke into the post office before when it isn't crowded and no one said anything.

Cassnzoieznana

I think the rule of thumb is if they sell food and you want to go "indoors" than the pets can't come along. I know someone who still takes her 15 pound tzu in a prada (?spelling, you know I don't own one! LOL) bag to the mall everytime she goes and no one has said anything yet. I don't know if they don't realize what is in the bag or what. I couldn't imagine lugging it around the whole day though and wouldn't think it would be very comfortable either!

We are very limited here as to where we can take them. Mostly they go to the ball park with us, or Zoie does, Cassey stays home, she is too "emotional". Occassionally I take them to the pet stores, but not too much.

Angie

Meiko'sMom

It sounds like there are a number of places that allow pets. In Edmonton the only place we are allowed is a pet store, and that is at the discretion of the owner of the pet store.

• 1 year later...

Not that I have the money to buy one right now, but maybe as a christmas present for him or birthday, but I do think that if you buy a doggie stroller more places will be willing to let you come in. Like malls for instance. I mean ppl bring strollers in our mall all the time. They mostly contain babies (I think....LOL.....sorry but I think some babies look like aliens.). So maybe you should ask around at the malls and other places that don't sale food if they'll let you bring him in in a stroller.

• 5 months later...

well i took maci fishing the first weekend we had her lol does that count? When we go places, if we go to a place that dont allow pets, i usually let the dog stay in the vehicle with my hubby and i go in. I cannot wait to visit lexington again to take maci to petsmart

MisterMom

IF you take your dog ANYWHERE it is going to be outside the car, take a baggie to pick up any poop !!!!!

• 1 month later...

This is slightly old post but I figured I'd mention that if you go to this website[url="http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/guides/att/att.shtml"]Dog Friendly[/url] there are a few places you can go.

As for me, I've take Leo to the mall, home depot, and pet stores. I put him in a stroller and he's well behaved. I've actually taken him to the mall for up to 2hrs. He's only 7lbs but he gets heavy to carry after awhile. I can't imagine carrying 15lbs for more than 10min.

• 4 months later...
UrsusArctos

I have had mixed luck taking Ollie around. I thought we could go into Target because they have an entire dog section (and I wanted to try on some clothes!) but we got stopped right at the door. I take him to any pet store I visit, and when I can, I eat outside at the patio of resturants. I've been kind of shocked at the number of camping sites that don't allow dogs! I had a plan to take Ollie camping and I couldn't find any local place that allowed pets! So, we are still on the lookout for that.

There's hardly any places where I live that you can take the dog. Some cafe's let you take them and you have to sit outside.

CrazyTzuLady

We have Petco here so we can take them in there. We have a Lowes and Home Depot but I have never tried to take them in there yet, I will have to check that out. We love the Starbucks :whistling: drive thru, they know me and the pups by name,I know pretty pathetic! My name is Barb and I am a Starbucksaholic! :aktion033: :) We have also sat on the patio outside there. Other than that when Giz was just little I would take him to the mall in his bag but he got to big for that so I don't take him there anymore. I took him into Gander Mountain once in his stroller but we don't go there much so I have never taken him back. They love to just ride in the car in their carseats but I will not leave them in the car alone so either I or hubby will stay in the car with them while the other one runs in the store to get what we need. We just hate leaving them at home.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL..........I did have newman in a petcarrier that was leather and looked like an over sized handbag got away with that.but knew it wasn't suposed to b done. To big now to get away with that. AraBella did visit my oldest daughters school today! FYI in Germany people love their animals, they are treated like people you can find most small dogs chilling at a cafe ot restraunts and oh doing alot of shoping with their people it was awesome. Go to a five star restraunt and see a dog, even club 21 very expensive lounge Mr. Doggie was there. LOL (they are always very well groomed)

Angelina

Paddington & Penny go just about everywhere with us.They love to go to the drive through bank as they know they get a treat.Petsmart is way up on their list.But I have to keep an eye on Paddington as for some strange reason he likes to lift his leg,thats the only place I,ve ever known him to do that.McDonald's drive through gives them treats,but they are catching on to the burgers.We only do this as a very special treat.
but I wish that this country would be just a little bit more pet friendly.In the UK they have water stations outside the store, & a lot of shops let you take your pets in with you.When we went to Disney World with the grandkids last year we took Paddington & boarded him at the Animal Kingdom Kennel.He stayed there one night.We snuck him into our room for the other five nights.I was very disappointed with the Kennel.I thought Disney would have a lot better set up than they did,although the Kennell people were very nice,By the way we have the snoozer lookouts,which are great as they can see out the window.

CrazyTzuLady

We have the snoozer look outs too. I love them!

[quote name='Tzu crew' post='11907' date='Jun 28 2005, 01:35 PM']We used to allow them to come into the hair salon that I worked in but state law doesn't allow them in when they have a tanning bed in the facility. So we couldn't let them come in anymore.

I take them to my kids outdoor ball games and their favorite is the drive-in Sonic. We also have an old fashioned drive-in movie theater near us and Buster and Ollie love to sneak popcorn.[/quote]

Do you sneak them in to the drive-in movies or do they actually allow dogs? I never thought of that...we also have a drive in near by.

Edited by Kell&Leo