yum, I <3 Morning Buns with my breakfast coffee

But @ $2.40 each that is a bit too $$$ at the bakery by my house - but, it is so tasty tho with the sugar and cinnamon and warm flaky goodness. Now I make a batch and toss one in the toaster oven for a few minutes, and voila I have breakfast!

pre-heat oven to 375

one sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creation Seamless (no-seam) dough sheet

1/4 cup each brown and white sugar

1 TBS ground cinnamon

1/2 stick butter, melted - for greasing the muffin pan and to brush onto the un-rolled dough sheet

enough white sugar to coat the cups of your muffin pan

After brushing the dough sheet with butter, mix the two sugars with the ground cinnamon and sprikle this mixture evenly over the dough. Now roll the dough up into a tight cylindar (start with the long-side of the sheet). Then cut the cylindar into 1.5-inch discs and place one disk in the prepared muffin tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 12 minutes till the buns are golden. Remove from heat and immediately turn buns onto a cool, clean cookie sheet. Let cool for about 7 minutes, then sprinkle with some white sugar before serving. Oh, re: the muffin pan, after you turn the buns onto the cookie sheet, immediately soak the muffin pan in hot, soapy water and the melted sugar till come right off with gentle srubbing. Or you could just use paper cupcake liners (and skip greasing and coating the muffin pan with butter & sugar).

It is best to eat these fresh, but you can also warm one up in your toaster oven. Yes I have a sweet tooth =P

oh, and I forgot, you can also add some orange or lemon zest to the cinnamon-sugar mixture too - yummy!

tzuhouse

YUMMO....man, I better not start that, or the 5lbs I recently gained will VERY quickly turn in to 10lbs....

FairyTail Josette

:thumb: This sounds wonderful. My mother makes cinnamon rolls from scratch and spends much of the day in the kitchen. This sounds like a much better plan to me and very tasty! :blush-anim-cl: