Finger Foods Need Ideas

ShihtzuBeauty

ShihtzuBeauty

Help I can't find anything online that I'm looking for. Our traditions for the holidays are changing. We have never opened gifts etc...on Christmas Eve. Normally we decorate cookies and watch Christmas movie favorites that nite but w/the arrival of Brynli and adjusting to two visitation schedules and three seperate families in order to spend time w/our grandkids not to mention the fact that my brother has really nothing to do w/family anymore and my mom and sister have their issues it's a mess but just like at Thanksgiving I made the best out of it by doing my own dinner, which I've done in the past and then going to Ray's moms like we used to when the boys were little. We used to stop in but it was nice she actually had it a couple of days after the holiday I just wish the grandbabies were here that wknd. but I'm just going to have to "make adjustments" as badly as I don't like it.

Soo...this yr. we have Ian Christmas Eve 'til 9am Christmas morning and Brynli Christmas day through the next day they were supposed to be on the same schedule but Shell asked for Christmas Eve this yr. and Daryl gave in so they won't share the holiday this yr. :)

Anyway...more to the point :birthday_toast: I'm going to do my cookies/candy etc...a few days in advance and the afternoon of Christmas eve get some hearty finger foods ready that will also please Ray he and I are gonna miss the big dinner and dishes I usually make but "adjustments" right???

I'm planning on doing mushroom turnovers, bbq meatballs, a summer sausage/cheese tray, a macaroni/cheese bake I thought about wings but they aren't going to make enough for everyone plus I'm wanting leftovers so I can reheat on Christmas day. I thought about a pork tenderloin too easy enough.

So anyone have any ideas for me? Remember I'm also looking for the dishes to produce leftovers too.

Claudiabehr

I love ham roll ups................you take a thin slice of boiled ham, spread it with softened cream cheese and then roll up a quarter of a dill pickle inside it. Cut on the diagonal into 4 or 5 pieces. Sounds wierd, but very yummy.

I love ham roll ups................you take a thin slice of boiled ham, spread it with softened cream cheese and then roll up a quarter of a dill pickle inside it. Cut on the diagonal into 4 or 5 pieces. Sounds wierd, but very yummy.

Oh yea, I agree, YUMMO, we have them every holiday. The kids love them, but we call them "pickle roll ups".....my daughter did them once with black olives inside and they were good too.

ShihtzuBeauty

Ooooo that sounds yummy. :insane:

Sausage cheese biscuits.

Fry pan sausage of your choice chopping it into small pieces, or pulse in a food processor.

When cool, make biscuit dough, mix in cooled sausage, and fine shredded cheese of your choice, black pepper if you like.

Spoon drop a small ball onto a greased sheet pan, or baking sheet.

Bake at 350 - 375 until golden brown.

Doesn't take long, 8 - 10 minutes depending on the size you make them. I usually try for golf ball size after baking.

ShihtzuBeauty

I know Great ideas! :insane:

pm me, Melissa. I am the queen of finger foods!

Sunlite

Pam,

being the holiday season.... you need to share here... ;-)

ShihtzuBeauty

Pam,

being the holiday season.... you need to share here... ;-)

LOL I thought maybe I would just keep her ideas to myself. :puke:

You can put almost anything in crescent rolls!

If I'm in a hurry, I'll just wrap BBQ weenies and cheese in some and bake. But I've also put cream cheese and ham, caramel and chocolate, brisket and cheese... Usually any meat or cheese combo will work with crescent rolls. Plus, they keep very well.

And here's 2 other faves of ours...

Sausage balls

Ingredients:

1 pound of ground sausage

2 cups of Bisquick

10 oz. package of shredded cheese

Instructions:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until everything is throughly mixed. Roll into small balls. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.

Green Bean Bundles

Ingredients:

This is based on how many you want to make...

Can of long green beans

Bacon

1 bottle of Italian salad dressing

Instructions:

Wrap 3-4 green beans in 1 slice of bacon. Place the "bundles" in a greased pan. Pour the Italian dressing all over the bundles. Let marinate for at least a hour. The longer you let it sit, the more intense the flavor. Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is done.

Dang, now I'm hungry! :puke: