Water feeding Stands

Where can I get the stands and the water bottles, with 3 of them now I need to transition them to the water bottle I think it would be less messy:) Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweet as Taffy

• GMA

• missy dawn

• Luna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never bought from international sellers. Thanks for the heads up. I wish the company with the red stands had better customer service.

Hi, Taffy still uses the Mr Foo Shih Tzu I got a few years ago. Was expensive but worth every penny.

Every time I see that picture I just have to smile. If you do a search, we have a number of threads about bottle stands and etc.

Posted Images

Marlen

I think there's a bunch of them on ebay but it's also relatively easy to make them on your own :) All you need is some PVC pipe, something to make a hole on it, your bottle and of course, the colors you like. I know it's not the easiest way as opposed to just buying them, but you're going to enjoy making them (and it's a bit cheaper).

• Like 1
missy dawn

hubby made ours out of wood.Then I painted it.The paw prints are my 4 babies actual little toes,lolthe bottles came from pawsmark.com

sheila-(shih tzu dreamer) :cloud9:

missy dawn

they were not hard to make,or paint
Sheila-(shih tzu dreamer)

Edited by missy dawn

they were not hard to make,or paint

I wish I was that talented, that is very nice! Gives me some food for thought!

• Like 1

Every time I see that picture I just have to smile.

If you do a search, we have a number of threads about bottle stands and etc.

• Like 2

They do make decals and stencils for those of us that aren't quite as talented as Sheila and a few others around here.

The water bottles usually do come with a holder that will attach easily to a wire crate. I just use those since I seem to have a houseful of crates anymore.

Vicki

• Like 2

I got a bottle from the coop store just to see if I can get them to use it. LOL they are looking at me like what??? Maybe I should of done this earlier??

They will get used to a water bottle and everyone will be much happier in the long run. Sometimes it takes a while to get them using it, but with your perseverance, it will happen.

Sometimes it will take a trick or two, but usually once they figure out what's in the bottle, they go for it. Try putting their water dish right under the bottle's drip spout as the first step. Then let the dish run dry and make the bottle drip into the empty bowl while they're watching.

Vicki

• Like 1
missy dawn

Trust me,it takes a little time,but you will love it!

• 2 weeks later...
luvmybabies

Sheila your bottle stand is very nice. You are a talented person! I got a bottle stand very much like this online. It was fairly expensive. After using it for awhile I thought of something that would make it just perfect! When I went back to the website she had also thought of an improvement and now does this for hers. Cut a hole to put the dish in. Buy one of those with a lip all around the edge of it so it will not go right thru the hole (something I might do if I did it) with a jig saw. That way the pups won't push the bowl all around and get the bottom of the stand all wet. Eventually it will rot. I still have not convinced my hubby to do this as he is away a lot but he will find it on his "to do" list till it gets done!

missy dawn

Sheila your bottle stand is very nice. You are a talented person! I got a bottle stand very much like this online. It was fairly expensive. After using it for awhile I thought of something that would make it just perfect! When I went back to the website she had also thought of an improvement and now does this for hers. Cut a hole to put the dish in. Buy one of those with a lip all around the edge of it so it will not go right thru the hole (something I might do if I did it) with a jig saw. That way the pups won't push the bowl all around and get the bottom of the stand all wet. Eventually it will rot. I still have not convinced my hubby to do this as he is away a lot but he will find it on his "to do" list till it gets done!

Joyce,thank you.My babies dont like a bowl any where around their stands,lol.They want a little dish cloth folded ever so nice,lol.Aint they just spoiled rotten!

sheila-(shih tzu dreamer)

• 4 months later...

Dear Friends

I'm sure this is in one of the other threads, but I'll go ahead and offer what I know here:

http://www.pawscreations.com/

I'd order one if I didn't still have a comb, brush, and clippers to buy.

Have a look at Mr. Foos Shih Tzu site. Lisa's husband makes them and they are lovely.

I know I was supposed to make one for my baby and actually thought about doing it this weekend but I was just on Trendy Pet Items and they have the red one on sale for $19.50 (formerly $29.50). That is a great price so I may just order it.

16357_200.jpg

Turns out with S&H it is still cheaper than $29.50 so I ordered it. I may still make one for him when the weather gets warmer but for now, this was a good fit for us.

• Like 1

I know I was supposed to make one for my baby and actually thought about doing it this weekend but I was just on Trendy Pet Items and they have the red one on sale for $19.50 (formerly $29.50). That is a great price so I may just order it.

16357_200.jpg

Turns out with S&H it is still cheaper than $29.50 so I ordered it. I may still make one for him when the weather gets warmer but for now, this was a good fit for us.

We have two of these plus the one my friend made for me. They work great and they NEVER leak!

• Like 1

We have two of these plus the one my friend made for me. They work great and they NEVER leak!

Now that's an endorsement I can take to the bank. Thank you Pam.

Sophie's Haven

I want you to know that I took that endorsment and just order 4 of the water bottles from Trendy Pet. My hubby made a stand and we got a bottle but after a few weeks I got discourage as only three of the paws took any interest and then the bottle started to leak..........a mess. So I had given up on the idea.........until I read the post on this water bottle.........Thank You!!

Sweet as Taffy

I want you to know that I took that endorsment and just order 4 of the water bottles from Trendy Pet. My hubby made a stand and we got a bottle but after a few weeks I got discourage as only three of the paws took any interest and then the bottle started to leak..........a mess. So I had given up on the idea.........until I read the post on this water bottle.........Thank You!!

I'm going to order 1 as well!

The trick to getting dogs to use the water bottle is to put a little peanut butter on the tip. When they go to lick the pb off, they get water! They are very surprised, lol, but they catch on quickly after a few tries.

• Like 2
missy dawn

The trick to getting dogs to use the water bottle is to put a little peanut butter on the tip. When they go to lick the pb off, they get water! They are very surprised, lol, but they catch on quickly after a few tries.

Yep, this sure worked for my babies!

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Sophie's Haven

This worked for me.....I had only set up one water bottle at the time and still had to leave water bowls in other areas of the house because when I am gone I have to break them up into groups otherwise it would be party time. Only 3 of them took to the peanut butter and the others showed no interest. But when I get my order I will remove the bowls and replace them with the water bottles to where they will have no choice but to use them. The only one I am going to have a problem with will be Sophie..........she has only her favorite dishes that she will eat out of, but hopefully in time she will realize that is where she going to get her water. The 3 that took to the water bottle..... I loved the fact that they did not come away like a sponge when they were through.

• Like 1