No Bake Coconut Dog Treats

Sophie's Haven

1/3 cup cold pressed Coconut Oil

2-3 T. Peanut Butter

2 1/2 C. Old Fashion Rolled Oats

1/3 C. finely shredded Coconut

Add Coconut Oil, Peanut Butter and Rolled Oats in food processor and mix

until well combined. Spoon out bite size pieces with spoon, roll into ball.

Toss each ball gently in the finely shredded coconut until well coated. Place

on flat tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 min. before serving.

Makes approximately 20 treats.

*If mixture is to dry or wet simply add extra oats or coconut oil to correct.

When I did some research on the ingredients for this receipe there was some information for store bought coconut dog treats that were on recall for 2014. No recall on this as you know what is going in it. The paws love these. My Lexie loves just having a dab of the coconut oil by itself. Me, it taste sorta bland but it is a healthy supplement not only to eat but to use as a skin rub.

• Like 1
Jo-Anne

This is nice Jeaninne, I am always interested in homemade treats. Thanks for sharing. And I am certainly going to try this as a skin rub,must be good for your skin indeed with coconut, lovely....monday I am going to buy my ingredients. So if you hear me sing.......I am in my bathroom using my new skin rub.

Edited by Jo-Anne
  • Like 1
Luna

I'm going to try this Jeanne! Bet the dogs will love it. Thank you! :)

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

This is nice Jeaninne, I am always interested in homemade treats. Thanks for sharing. And I am certainly going to try this as a skin rub,must be good for your skin indeed with coconut, lovely....monday I am going to buy my ingredients. So if you hear me sing.......I am in my bathroom using my new skin rub.

Where we live and mind you I love working in the yard and in my gardens but the poison Ivy is awful and of course I have a bad reaction to it. I have only been using the coconut oil as a skin lotion for a short time and I had noticed a few break outs of the poison ivy starting but it never came full blown, and I think the coconut oil must have some interaction with the poison ivy oil, if so I am one happy gardener. I will break out so bad that I look like I have 3rd degree burns and of course I wait to long before going to the doctor to get it treated that I just have to let it run it course. So coconut oil is going to be my choice of body lotion, plus if you take coconut oil and rub on your face and neck then apply vitamin E lotion is helps with wrinkles.......which is a blessing for me!!

• Like 1
Jo-Anne

Where we live and mind you I love working in the yard and in my gardens but the poison Ivy is awful and of course I have a bad reaction to it. I have only been using the coconut oil as a skin lotion for a short time and I had noticed a few break outs of the poison ivy starting but it never came full blown, and I think the coconut oil must have some interaction with the poison ivy oil, if so I am one happy gardener. I will break out so bad that I look like I have 3rd degree burns and of course I wait to long before going to the doctor to get it treated that I just have to let it run it course. So coconut oil is going to be my choice of body lotion, plus if you take coconut oil and rub on your face and neck then apply vitamin E lotion is helps with wrinkles.......which is a blessing for me!!

I also love working in our garden, and the poison ivy plants I really don`t like. You say it looked like you have 3rd degree burns, how true that is. Ever since I was a kid I am avoiding poison ivy. I got a new bike when I was 9 years old and I wanted to try it. My parents up front of me on their bikes, and I was enjoying myself, looking around me. All of a sudden I got of track and landed in a ditch that was full of poison ivy. That was really bad, my skin was burned and it took a while before it was healed, and the terrible itch brrrrr. So I have coconut oil in the house and will put it on when I go to work in the garden, thank you for the tip Jeaninne. Edited by Jo-Anne
  • Like 1