Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

I thought it would be neat if we would do a Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap since we live so far apart from one another to do the traditional cookie swap...........

This is one of many of my favorite cookies:

Mom's Buttermilk Cookies

1/2 Cup butter, softened

1 Cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup buttermilk

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Frosting

3 Tablespoon butter, softened

3-1/2 cups confectioners sugar

1/4 cup half and half or evaporated milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Frost the cookies. Makes 3 dozen. Freezes well.

The hubby and I do the low carb lifestyle but come Christmas I make at least one batch of our favorite cookies and we get our sugarr high for the holidays.

• Like 4
Missysmom

Yum these sound delicious and my hubby Loves buttermilk so I'm very excited to try these, thanks!!

Love your cookie swap idea and will dig through my recipes and see what I can come up with! :)

• Like 1
missy dawn

thats sounds good Jeannine.Ive never tried buttermilk cookies.

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Missysmom

I have come to the conclusion that I only make the same old cookies that probably everyone else already has the recipes for- toll house bars, peanut butter, sugar, etc. So I decided to just post the Peanut Blossom recipe, which I'm sure you already have too, as you may not have my short cut or serving suggestion.

Peanut Blossoms

1 3/4 cups flour

1 tsp soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup shortening

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 egg

2 TBSP milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

48 candy kisses

Preheat oven to 375F.

Combine all ingredient except candy kisses in large bowl mix on lowest speed of mixer until dough forms. Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoonful for each. Roll balls in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-12 mins. Top each cookie immediately with a candy kiss; press down firmly so cookie cracks around edges. Makes 48 cookies.

OR

Buy Pillsbury Peanut Butter cookie dough roll. Yep the Dough Boy Always cooks better than me! ;)

Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoonful for each. Roll balls in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-12 mins. Top each cookie immediately with a candy kiss; press down firmly so cookie cracks around edges. Makes 48 cookies.

I Love to freeze these and eat right out of the freezer- Yum! :)

post-61628-0-28537200-1418666170_thumb.j

• Like 2

Those both sound great! Since I no longer bake Christmas cookies (too many decades of making dozens upon dozens of 5 or 6 different ones led to burnout), you are certainly welcome to send me some!

• Like 3

Yummy! The second one sounds like something *I* could do! :)

Vicki

• Like 1