Missy's Thanksgiving Treats- Spiced-Up Snack

Missysmom

Time for Missy to have her treat for Thanksgiving made! If anyone is looking for a new treat recipe to try Missy gives this one two Paws Up!

Spice-Up Snack (cinnamon ginger biscuits)

1/2 cup each of wheat and white flour

1 tsp dried ground ginger

1/2 tsp dried ground cinnamon

2 TBSP honey

2-3 TBSP water (until it forms a stiff dough)

Mix all ingredients together and, if necessary, add more water, 1 TBSP at a time if the dough is too crumbly to stick together.

Roll the dough out and cut into shapes with a knife or a cookie cutter. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or use parchment paper.

Bake the cookies at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool. Store in a sealed container or freeze.

Makes 35 small treats

Enjoy!

post-61628-0-34229800-1416954006_thumb.j

• Like 6

Lucky, lucky Missy! My guys would just :bounce8: on the grooming table for these and give you lots of :hug:

Vicki

• Like 5

Oh yum! :D I bet Missy will love them ;):D Might give the recipe a try too! :D

• Like 1
babybluegirl

Aww, these look good. You'll have to take and upload a picture of Missy with a treat :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

babybluegirl

12:02pm

• Like 1
Missysmom

Great, so glad you found one Jo-Anne, I couldn't remember where I got mine I've had it so long!

BTW- Missy had a hard time with the round ones so you might just want to make the bones. They also have bone ice cube trays that I make her frozen treats in! I'll see if I can find where I got those.

• Like 3
Missysmom
Sophie's Haven

I was thinking this morning when I was picking up the morning routine of throwing the toys out of the toy box that DO THEY REALLY NEED MORE TOYS (and YES I already have a few new one's hidden) I will make some doggie treats put them in indvidule packaging to play hide and seek on Christmas Day and freeze the rest. That will keep them busy for awhile once they catch the sent.......So I will be making these Spice Up Snacks along with a couple of others............

• Like 3

Nice finds Jo-Anne and (other) Vicki! :D

I do have a dog bone cookie cutter that I got as a gift last year at my Shih Tzu Club's Christmas party, but haven't ever tried it out.

I do really like several of those you both found and may just have to pick up a few and THEN try to FIND the TIME to make some!

You guys are SO creative!

Vicki

• Like 3
Jo-Anne

Wowww, they sell a lot of stuff, thanks Vicki for the link! animaatjes-cupcake-1393381.gif

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

THANKS so much Jo-Anne for the link!

I now have four of them on their way! :)

5% off too with Discount Code: 5OFF

:hug:

Vicki

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

shih-tzu-cookie-cutter_medium.jpg?v=1337

The four of these that I ordered showed up last Friday! I LOVE them. They are way to huge for doggie treats though, even for a Great Dane!

Even a bit too large for HUMAN cookies!

Vicki

• Like 2