Smashed Sweet Potato (Food Network - Barefoot Contessa)

babybluegirl

babybluegirl

Hi there,

I'm just relaxing in the lounge flicking through the tv channels and have come across the Food Network Channel with "Barefoot Contessa" on - Ina makes a traditional American meal with a modern twist. Roast turkey, smashed sweet potatoes, spinach gratin and a croissant bread pudding. Plus, everything can be done before the guests arrive.

It looks good and I've just googled up the recipe for the smashed sweet potato and wondered if anyone's tried/made this before? I'm new to sweet potato and normally only cook them as wedges and have with my dinner, but the idea of mash sounds nice.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/smashed-sweet-potatoes-recipe.html

Looking forward to your replies.

babybluegirl

1:18pm

• Like 3
Missysmom

Thanks for the link Alex I got pretty excited as we love sweet potatoes! Looks like the ole sweet potato casserole but without the marshmallows! I always found that too sweet for me but if you like real sweet you'll love it!

But I love to make baked sweet potatoes, in the microwave, we fix them like a regular baked potato for us and I just scoop out the innards and mash them with a fork for Missy.

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

Hi there,

I'm just relaxing in the lounge flicking through the tv channels and have come across the Food Network Channel with "Barefoot Contessa" on - Ina makes a traditional American meal with a modern twist. Roast turkey, smashed sweet potatoes, spinach gratin and a croissant bread pudding. Plus, everything can be done before the guests arrive.

It looks good and I've just googled up the recipe for the smashed sweet potato and wondered if anyone's tried/made this before? I'm new to sweet potato and normally only cook them as wedges and have with my dinner, but the idea of mash sounds nice.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/smashed-sweet-potatoes-recipe.html

Looking forward to your replies.

babybluegirl

1:18pm

I just love her food!!

• Like 2

I have not made THAT particular recipe, but I have made one that is so similar Ina must have stolen hers from me. ;) It is not overly sweet and very delicious!

• Like 2