Homemade liver treats

Summerangel

I've found a lovely recipe on YouTube for liver treats... And as I'm watching what's in my little ones food I wanted a treat that I could make and also be sure of what goes in..,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvT3XcOrA0

I used coconut flour instead of whole wheat flour...

Donte and Lacey LOVE them :)

• Like 9
Sophie's Haven

My guys Thank You........will be making these this week.

• Like 7

I use oaT sometimes.

i dont feed my babies, corn, wheat,

all we eat are gluten free.

i do give them salmon cookie. They love it.

thank u for sharing.

sorry i do use almond flour or sweet potatoes .

Edited by baby
  • Like 5
Summerangel

I used my nurtibullet to blend the oats to make the oat flour... That's all I had to hand :)

• Like 4
missy dawn

Missy cant have eggs ( allergic) and as bad asthe allergies are , would be scared to try those flours :(

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Summerangel

Missy cant have eggs ( allergic) and as bad asthe allergies are , would be scared to try those flours :(

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Oh no, no egg... What's her symptoms when she eats eggs?

My goodness it must be really difficult for you when it comes to their food and treats :(

missy dawn

Its a combinatuon of out door & food allergies but she will go bald from scratxhing, sores bloody skin from scratching, and will even develop a skin infection

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Edited by missy dawn
Summerangel

Its a combinatuon of food allergies but she will go bald from scratxhing, sores bloody skin from scratching, and will even develop a skin infection

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Oh bless her :( it's destressing for them and also for us, watching them scratching and biting... When Donte was doing this, all I wanted to do was make him better...

Summerangel

Do you like your nutribullit Julia? do you use it a lot......

i use mine quite a bit... I chuck in a some fruit and or vegetables that I have left over, chuck some nuts or seeds in and give it a quick wizz :)

I'm going to use it to grind up my egg shells.. Good for me and the paws ;)

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
babybluegirl
On 25/01/2015 at 7:13 PM, Summerangel said:

I've found a lovely recipe on YouTube for liver treats... And as I'm watching what's in my little ones food I wanted a treat that I could make and also be sure of what goes in..,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvT3XcOrA0

I used coconut flour instead of whole wheat flour...

Donte and Lacey LOVE them :)

I'm hoping to try these soon... I have recently bought chicken livers :) Have you followed this youtube video and only made them the once, or have you since made these again?  Did you use chicken livers or different ones?

babybluegirl

8:51pm

• Like 2
Marlene

Sounds good and I'm sure my kids would love them.

I'm not much in to making treats.  I do love homecooking for their meals but don't offer treats - usually.  I guess it goes back to the beginning of me homecooking - it was for my boyfriend Mack (Boxer).  He was at 90 lbs with a blown cruciate. I had to keep him quiet for 12 weeks post surgery as well as take weight off of him.  Hence my reluctance to feed treats "just because". 

I do use chicken hearts for training treats along with a clicker.  I slightly boil them and slice into dime size treats.  They will stand on their heads for those!

I keep them in the freezer in small treat bags and take one when we're going to go somewhere I really want them to quickly recall.  They thaw out in minutes in my pocket.

• Like 5
babybluegirl

These have been made this evening in preparation for Riley's birthday tomorrow :) They're already a winner with him...

babybluegirl

10:20pm

• Like 2