Cheeseburger in a bowl

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

I am a low carb eater and came across this recipe as we love burgers but the BUN is not allowed.........this is really good....I don't even miss the bun.

1 pound of ground beef,( I use 80% less fat so I add a bit of olive oil to the pan) brown and season with salt and pepper. I also add about 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.....or cheese of your liking will do.

Gather all you hamburger fixins and start layering in a individual glass bowl........only because it looks pretty as you layer your fixins.

This is how I do mine I start with a layer of shredded  lettuce, add the hot ground beef cheese mixture, spread mayo, mustard or ketchup,  layer of chopped onion, layer of diced tomato, I use zucchini relish, pepper relish, sweet or dill pickle chopped and top with shredded cheese again of your choice............so really anything you add to your hamburger you layer in this bowl and then chow down.........

We were out shopping a couple of weeks ago and decided to cheat and went to 5 Guys Burger and we split a cheeseburger and got a medium fry and spent $12.00 and was very disappointed in the quality of the burger and last week I made this dish and we both agreed this tasted far better and cost a lot less...........of course once you remove certain foods from your diet over a time you loose the taste for that food again so that could have had a lot to do with it. So Cheeseburger in a bowl is a keeper for us and it is fast and easy to make.

• Like 7
Meiko'sMom

I agree with you about the buns.  Normally I won't order a hamburger in a restaurant, but I will order a chicken burger.  Then I remove the bun and eat the chicken and all the other fixings. 

• Like 3
Jo-Anne

Thank you for sharing Jeannine. I think I won`t miss the bread in this recipe, sounds really good. Are you still using your airfryer? Koken mini plaatjes

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Jo-Anne......I told the hubby the other day if I had to leave the house in a hurry and needed to grab something (other than the paws) the air fryer, the kitchen aid mixer and the keurig coffee maker would be the first on the list. Love the air fryer, I use it almost every day.........either to reheat or make dinner.   

• Like 3
Marlene

Shame on me.........I still haven't tried my air-fryer.  My bad.

Cheeseburger in a bowl sounds yummy!  Will definitely try it.  Would do it tonight but just

put a pork roast in the crock pot to make chile verde.

• Like 1
missy dawn

This recipe sounds good

Sheila

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

Marlene you do not know what your missing with the air fryer.........just to reheat pizza is better than when you first get it hot from the box.........plus chicken nuggets and cheese sticks have a totally different taste when fixed in the air fryer verse the oven.........love being able to have fried chicken when ever I want without all the muss..........really like the taste of the baked sweet potato done in the fryer also......the texture is really good.........you must try it.........cuts down cooking time a lot............

• Like 3