Luna

It is with a heavy heart and many tears that I must tell you our little Adam Ant is gone. We visited the vet this morning and he was essentially unchanged from our visit a week ago, having gained only an ounce. An exam determined that he was VERY hydrocephalic (which I had suspected) and probably suffered from malabsorbtion syndrome. There being little chance of any improvement and so not wanting him to suffer I elected to let him go. I held him throughout the procedure and he passed quietly in my hands as I kissed his little head and told him good-bye. I know I did everything I could, but it's still so very hard. I know he is at the rainbow bridge now and I will see him there one day.

• Like 10
Marlene

Just tears.....mostly for you because I know our little Ant is happy and whole at the bridge.  I have a theory that these puppy souls rest there for awhile and then the angels insert it back into a new puppy waiting to be born.  Adam will come back to you.  No one could have or would have done more.  Thank you.

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 7
missy dawn

Im am so very sorry Pam.i am crying along with you.you did everything you could do and then some.my heart is breaking for you.love you! ((( hugs)))

• Like 6
Marlen

I...I have nothing to say, and nothing to ease your pain... I'm sure he held on so far all because he was by your side... He was lavished with love, people from all around the world were thinking of him... He's part of the family, and I'm sure that he's now joined many of ours over the rainbow bridge....

• Like 6
Summerangel

Too upset to say more than I'm sorry

Same here 

(((Hugs Pam)))

• Like 5
Yvonne

I'm so sorry. 

I had really high hopes, he would pull throug. 

You gave him so much care.

hugs from overhere. 

• Like 6
Sophie's Haven

RIP little guy.......for the short time you were here you brought smiles to faces of those that saw your pictures and even though you were not ours you were loved by all of us........... You were our Hero for the fight that you fought each and every day to survive...........and Pam who was your right arm fought right along with you. Your a sweet memory now and at peace as you cross over the rainbow bridge, where before you cross you can look down upon us all and know how much you not only will be missed but was loved. To our Adam Ant............... Hugs to you Pam..............

• Like 7
Sunlite

Nothing here to add but tears...

• Like 6
Sweet as Taffy

RIP Adam Ant..

I'm soo sorry.

Pam, you did everything humanly possible.. (HUGS)))

Edited by Sweet as Taffy
  • Like 5
Pawz4me

I'm so sorry. You did everything possible for him. I went through the same thing years ago with a foster puppy. It's hard. 

• Like 5
Missysmom

Oh Pam I too am soo sorry to read this, nothing but tears over here too and prayers for you at this difficult time. Hugs.

• Like 4
beebalm

As my eyes fill up with sorrow, I am so very sorry Pam. 

Adam Ant has the most beautiful tiniest angel wings ever now at the colorful rainbow bridge! 

a hug to you!

p.s. That was odd. Good thing I came back to look at thread again.

the two gifs showing were not the ones I picked. I just did an edit!

2nd edit - omg my Gifs changed again - now removing them.

Edited by beebalm
  • Like 4
ParadiseTzu

I am so very sorry Pam. I know your heart is heavy. Many hugs to you and your hubby too.

• Like 4
ShihTzusAreCute

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this :( I know you did anything you could and I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.I am so so sorry!

• Like 3
Luna

Thanks to my Chatter family for your understanding.  I am still crying and probably will for another day or two.  I miss him SO much:  though he was not with us for long, he was such a fighter that I could do nothing but fight with him, for him.  I love you all.

• Like 10
Marlene

It's not your fault.....no compromised puppy could have better care than you gave lil Ant.  It's the ones who need us the most who put the deepest hook into our heart.

• Like 4

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's sad that both you and little Adam Ant had to go through all of this. =(

• Like 4
missy dawn

Love you!! (((Hugs)))

Sheila

• Like 4
Meiko'sMom

Pam, I am so very sorry to read this sad news.  But you did  the very best thing you could for Adam so that he would not suffer.

My condolences...:-(((

• Like 3
Shihtzumummy2

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! oh how upset I am to read this, and how very brave you are to accept that this was the right thing to do. I'm inconsolable at the moment, poor sweet baby. Sending you my weepy message, I am hopeless at this kind of thing, but as a pragmatic person I believe I'd have done the same thing. RIP sweet boy

• Like 3