Blackberry Scones

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

It is pouring rain here in East Tennessee and has been for 5 days........going to have to get the row boat out if it keeps up.........so I am baking. Low Carb of course.....................

21/2 Cups Almond Flour

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 Eggs, beaten

4 Tablespoons Raw Honey

1/3 Cup melted butter or 1/3 Cup melted coconut oil

1/2 Cup fresh or frozen Blackberries or any berry of you choose

350 degree oven............Bake 15-20 minutes

Grease baking sheet with coconut oil or butter

In medium bowl wisk dry ingredients...........mix in beaten eggs, melted butter or coconut and honey......fold in berries. Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto baking sheet......shape into triangles or leave as is.

I store mine in the frig and place in my air fryer to take the chill off......serve with heavy cream or butter or eat as is.

I love scones and have a favorite recipe with all the bad ingredients and this is one of the better recipes that I have found that is low carb. So now I can have my scone and eat it too!!!!!! What is even better I am using blackberries from my berry patch.....so how much fresher can that be!!!!!

Edited by Sophie's Haven
  • Like 6
missy dawn

It is pouring rain here in East Tennessee and has been for 5 days........going to have to get the row boat out if it keeps up.........so I am baking. Low Carb of course.....................

21/2 Cups Almond Flour

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 Eggs, beaten

4 Tablespoons Raw Honey

1/3 Cup melted butter or 1/3 Cup melted coconut oil

1/2 Cup fresh or frozen Blackberries or any berry of you choose

350 degree oven............Bake 15-20 minutes

Grease baking sheet with coconut oil or butter

In medium bowl wisk dry ingredients...........mix in beaten eggs, melted butter or coconut and honey......fold in berries. Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto baking sheet......shape into triangles or leave as is.

I store mine in the frig and place in my air fryer to take the chill off......serve with heavy cream or butter or eat as is.

I love scones and have a favorite recipe with all the bad ingredients and this is one of the better recipes that I have found that is low carb. So now I can have my scone and eat it too!!!!!! What is even better I am using blackberries from my berry patch.....so how much fresher can that be!!!!!

can i use regular all purpose flour instead,and as far as the salt,can regular salt be used?

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

You can use regular salt.........now when it comes to the flour I am not sure about the amount as Almond flour the volume is different then normal flour and I can not remember if you use more of one over the other........but then it would not be low carb when you use regular flour. One nice thing is now they sell these specialty flours in the grocery and your not having to run to the health food shops.

• Like 4
missy dawn

we have Walmart ,no health food stores here :judy:

• Like 4
Marlene

I've never heard of almond flour........but it sounds heavenly!  I love anything almond flavored.  I love scones too but my recipe is made with whipping cream and butter  -  it is NOT low carb or low anything!!!  I only make them at Christmas time though.  I'm depressed now - I was going to have a hard-boiled egg and a small glass of V8 juice.  I will be haunted by blackberry almond scones ALL day now!

• Like 5