It has been 3 weeks

Amy0515

Thank you so much for your kind words!  They really are comforting.

I just realized that tomorrow will make a MONTH since I lost Fluffy.  I just can't believe that it has been that long!  It seems like yesterday.  

I had her cremated and I keep her urn on my nightstand with a little envelope with some of her fur in it.  I also have a little pic of her when she was young in a tiny frame in front.  I feel better having her near me.  Some people would say it is morbid but to me it isn't.  She was a much loved member of our family and I'm not ready yet to bury her ashes.  At this point, I do not know that I ever will.  :(

• Like 3
Marlene

I ALWAYS said I was going to spread Katie's ashes on the ocean - we all loved the beach and had some happy, wild play times there.

However.....her urn along with Daisy's, Mack's, Bo's, Lulu's still sit together on a bookcase with collars, pictures and mementos.  

It's odd because I very much want to be cremated and sent into my beloved Pacific ocean..........but I can't let go of my dogs. Maybe we'll all go into the blue ocean together :-)

I understand how you feel - not morbid at all.

• Like 1
Marlen

I'm so sorry for your loss... :( It's always so hard to say goodbye to our little babies. I know the feeling and I just hope bringing home your new babies will ease a bit of that pain...

• Like 2
Shihtzumummy2

Thank you so much for your kind words!  They really are comforting.

I just realized that tomorrow will make a MONTH since I lost Fluffy.  I just can't believe that it has been that long!  It seems like yesterday.  

I had her cremated and I keep her urn on my nightstand with a little envelope with some of her fur in it.  I also have a little pic of her when she was young in a tiny frame in front.  I feel better having her near me.  Some people would say it is morbid but to me it isn't.  She was a much loved member of our family and I'm not ready yet to bury her ashes.  At this point, I do not know that I ever will.  :(

I still have the caskets on one of our book cases in the hall of Pippa and Hadlee, and my beloved Charlie, along with their personal tags etc. I will never bury them, they are to go with me when my time is up. Everyone in my family knows that. Not at all morbid

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Missysmom

Oh bless you I know how hard it is and they always stay in our hearts and on our minds. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs :pash:

• Like 2
Summerangel

I miss you, Fluffy girll  I have you on my mind tonight and I can't help but cry.  

bless you Hun, (((sending hugs)))

• Like 2

I miss you, Fluffy girll  I have you on my mind tonight and I can't help but cry.  

I am so sorry for your loss Amy.  

I understand the sadness of missing her. 

Fluffy was so cute and beautiful.

That's so cool you got a boy and a girl from the same litter! They must be a blast watching them do the cutest fun things :)

You have double cuteness to absorb :throb::throb: which must be the best feeling!

I too lost my heart:sadangel: dog April 15 this year and I still get those sad days.  I posted photos of him on my Carrera's thread (page 11). 

He was all cream with bisque ears :) but a very big boy. He gave different hugs than Carrea does :) 

Sending you hugs :date:in a big jar for comfort. Just open the jar when you get sad and breath in and you will feel better :huglove:

• Like 2

I am so sorry for your loss Amy.  

I understand the sadness of missing her. 

Fluffy was so cute and beautiful.

That's so cool you got a boy and a girl from the same litter! They must be a blast watching them do the cutest fun things :)

You have double cuteness to absorb :throb::throb: which must be the best feeling!

I too lost my heart:sadangel: dog April 15 this year and I still get those sad days.  I posted photos of him on my Carrera's thread (page 11). 

He was all cream with bisque ears :) but a very big boy. He gave different hugs than Carrea does :) 

Sending you hugs :date:in a big jar for comfort. Just open the jar when you get sad and breath in and you will feel better :huglove:

:hug: Thank you!  I try to keep my chin up and having Coco and Benji really helps me just so much.  Plus, I have my cat, Hannah, who is another one of my fur babies.  I'm very sorry for your loss too.  It is still so fresh and I think that it just takes time.  I had Fluffy for 16 years.  That is a LONG time.  I was so lucky in that respect.  My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a pet.  For most of us, it is just so painful because our pets are part of our family.  I felt like I had lost one of my children.  I know it will get better.  I have been blessed with my two dare devils and my genius kitty (she made me say that).  Please give Carerra big hugs and a pat on the head from all of us.  

• Like 4