It has been 3 weeks

Amy0515

Hi, I'm new here.  My name is Amy.  I lost my sweet 16 year old Shih Tzu, Fluffy on June 18, 2015.  It has been 3 horrible weeks since I've lost my sweet girl. I'm doing better.  Part of that is because I adopted two 11 week old shih tzu whom I named Coco and Benji.  They will never replace my girl but instead, I choose to look at adopting them as a tribute to the wonderful, loving years I had with Fluffy.  I wanted to repeat the experience and am honored that I can be a Mom to them as well.  

My Fluffy girl was the best furbaby I could ever have hoped for.  She was such a good girl and she was so loving and kind.  She was patient and even forgave me and my husband when we brought home our new baby boy in 2003.  Instead, Fluffy became his adopted Mommy and protector.   

I know that she feels much better now and it helps knowing that she is no longer sick or in pain and that she is somewhere running and playing like she did when she was young.  

I'm including an old Christmas pic of Fluffy from 2010 when she was 11 years old and in much better health.  She was so happy the day she had these made.  

67113_481524018307_783509_n.jpg

Edited by Amy0515
  • Like 8
Pawz4me

Welcome, Amy!

Your Fluffy was a truly stunning girl!  And it sounds as if she was an absolute sweetheart.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's very, very difficult to lose a loved pet that you shared so much of your life with.  You've come to the right place to be with people who understand that.  I'm sure Coco and Benji will help fill that hole in your heart.  Glad to have you join us!

• Like 5
Summerangel

Hello and welcome Amy. 

So sorry to hear about Fluffy. Oh my, such a beauty... 

• Like 6
Amy0515

Thank you both so much for the warm welcome and kind thoughts.  I appreciate that very much.  Fluffy was a beautiful girl and her sweet soul was the most beautiful of all.  She came to me in 1999 when I needed her most.  I am so blessed to have been able to be her Mommy.  

Coco and Benji are putting me through my paces and I'm really enjoying having puppies in the house again.  Now, if I can get through the teething stage, I think I'll be alright.  :)  

• Like 7
Summerangel

Thank you both so much for the warm welcome and kind thoughts.  I appreciate that very much.  Fluffy was a beautiful girl and her sweet soul was the most beautiful of all.  She came to me in 1999 when I needed her most.  I am so blessed to have been able to be her Mommy.  

Coco and Benji are putting me through my paces and I'm really enjoying having puppies in the house again.  Now, if I can get through the teething stage, I think I'll be alright.  :)  

You are very welcome Hun. We are one big happy family here... 

Your two will certainly keep you on your toes ? I have a brother and sister from the same litter. 

Probably a silly question , are they males? Or female and male? Wasn't sure with the name Coco. Would love to see pictures of them ?

• Like 4
PipsMom

So sad to hear your loss. Looking forward to seeing Coco and Benji

Welcome to our little family here too

• Like 4
Amy0515

Your two will certainly keep you on your toes ? I have a brother and sister from the same litter. 

Probably a silly question , are they males? Or female and male? Wasn't sure with the name Coco. Would love to see pictures of them ?

Coco is a girl and Benji is a boy.  They are from the same litter.   They do not look much alike though.  Coco is brindle and Benji is white and black.  Coco is in my avatar.  Here are two pics of them.  Coco is on the left and Benji is on the right.  They aren't the best pics but I can't get them to be still.  ;)

COCOBENJI 030.JPG

Cocograss2015.jpg

Oh goodness.  I've got to learn how to resize the pics. I'm sorry.  

• Like 6
Summerangel

Coco is a girl and Benji is a boy.  They are from the same litter.   They do not look much alike though.  Coco is brindle and Benji is white and black.  Coco is in my avatar.  Here are two pics of them.  Coco is on the left and Benji is on the right.  They aren't the best pics but I can't get them to be still.  ;)

COCOBENJI 030.JPG

Cocograss2015.jpg

Awwwww you have a brother and sister like me ? 

They are gorgeous.... Gosh, I'm just remembering how my two kept me on my toes at that age... I love watching them play together... 

• Like 5
Amy0515

They are curled together and snoring right now.  They make my heart melt and I didn't think that could happen so soon again.  :)

• Like 5
Missysmom

Welcome Amy, Coco and Benji so glad you have joined us!

I am so very sorry to hear about Fluffy, what a gorgeous angel she is and it's obvious the tremendous joy she brought to you. That is always so hard to go through.

But oh my what a beautiful pair you have now with Coco and Benji! They are Adorable, Love their pics and can't wait to hear all about them!

• Like 4
Marlene

They are soooo cute.  I have not had a Shih Tzu puppy - lots of Boxer puppies though.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the new little ones.  The first time I lost the love of my life I was miserable with grief.  Within a week we had a new puppy........and it was a mistake.  I wanted Mack to be like my loving, sweet, quiet, funny Katie who was 13 when she went to the bridge.  A 9 week-old male roly poly puppy just couldn't be that for me.  I didn't have experience with rescue at the time but looking back that is what we should have done - brought in a mature dog, even a senior. It turned out fine and Mack turned out to be my boyfriend and left a huge hole when he left us.

It made me understand why people marry too soon after a spouse's death or the loss of a child.....trying to fill that deeply painful hole.

Fluffy knew what you needed.......she's looking down from the bridge and had a paw in your selections.  She KNOWS what a wonderful Mama you are and what a good life you're going to provide Coco and Benji.

I am positive my waiting dogs know what's best for me and guide me as I bring needy fosters into our home.

• Like 5
Summerangel

They are curled together and snoring right now.  They make my heart melt and I didn't think that could happen so soon again.  :)

I'm so glad they are helping you with Fluffys passing. 

• Like 5
missy dawn

Im so sorry for your loss.i hope your new babies helps the healing a little

• Like 5
Amy0515

They are soooo cute.  I have not had a Shih Tzu puppy - lots of Boxer puppies though.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the new little ones.  The first time I lost the love of my life I was miserable with grief.  Within a week we had a new puppy........and it was a mistake.  I wanted Mack to be like my loving, sweet, quiet, funny Katie who was 13 when she went to the bridge.  A 9 week-old male roly poly puppy just couldn't be that for me.  I didn't have experience with rescue at the time but looking back that is what we should have done - brought in a mature dog, even a senior. It turned out fine and Mack turned out to be my boyfriend and left a huge hole when he left us.

It made me understand why people marry too soon after a spouse's death or the loss of a child.....trying to fill that deeply painful hole.

Fluffy knew what you needed.......she's looking down from the bridge and had a paw in your selections.  She KNOWS what a wonderful Mama you are and what a good life you're going to provide Coco and Benji.

I am positive my waiting dogs know what's best for me and guide me as I bring needy fosters into our home.

I really questioned whether I was ready for not one but TWO puppies, but in the end, when I saw them, I knew I had to bring them home.  I understand completely how you feel.  I think it is different for each person and I truly respect that you know what is best for you and you are honoring what you know to be true.

I do feel like Fluffy is still close to me and that she sent me in the direction of these pups.  I'm very greatful to have them.   

• Like 5
ParadiseTzu

I am so glad that you brought Coco and Benji into your home. They are so cute. I lost 2 Shih Tzu in 2003 that were 16 also. Got them from different litters when they were 8 weeks. We still miss them but have 2 more now. While they dont take their place, they do fill our home with much enjoyment.

Fluffy was a beautiful furbaby and I'll bet she left some wonderful memories!

• Like 5
Sunlite

Welcome Amy, so glad you found us. I am so sorry about your Fluffy, I have an older girl and facing similar territory...

I am so glad to hear that you've opened your heart to 2 new little ones. 

• Like 5
Yvonne

Welcome!!!

I'm sorry for your loss, she looked so sweet.

it hurts but youre new puppy's will get you through it. 

• Like 5
minabey

Sorry for your loss. Fluffy is a beauty. We lost my husband's dog who I've known for just four years and it was heartbreaking. I can't imagine how much harder it would feel losing a companion you've had for that many years. I'm glad that you have Coco and Benji to keep you company.  We love photos and  the size is okay. They're both adorable.

Welcome to Chatter!

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Welcome.........sorry for your loss of Fluffy and for the ability to find the strength to make a home for Coco and Benji.......they will bring you lots of joy. Pictures were precious...........

• Like 3
Meiko'sMom

welcome to the group.  Your Fluffy was adorable and I am so sorry for your loss.  She sure lived a good long life.

Coco and Benji are lucky to have you for a momma.

• Like 4
Shihtzumummy2

Welcome, sorry for your loss. Your new babies are adorable

• Like 2
luvmybabies

So sorry for your loss.  Fluffy looks like an adorable fluff as do your two new ones.  I have gone thru losing three much loved fluffs in the last few years and know how terrible you feel.  I still see a pic or hear a sound many times that remind me of them and there I am off to memory lane.  Recently we lost our Golden who was the sweetest girl ever and I didn't put away her beds and toys (we have five little guys that use them now) but I frequently can still see her in them and playing with them.  I know even feeling as devastated as I do now, after a few months I'll be comfortable looking at memories of her too.  BTW one of my Tzus I have now is named Benji.  He's 5 now.  I did a short stint in the show ring with him.  He is in my avatar.

Welcome to our forum and we look forward to stories and pics as your babies grow up!

• Like 3