Potty Training-Feeling Like a BAD Mama

ParadiseTzu

This story is pure speculation but sure makes sense so I'm believing it! I have been upset (and complained several times here) about the progress of Willie's potty training. Peeing only, pooping outside not inside came quickly. But he had gotten to the point where he could stay all night and several hours at a time in his crate without peeing. When he is out in the house I take him out about every 20 minutes cause I dont trust him. But occassionally I get busy and that time is (just slightly) longer. I pick him up and has has a wet boy part (hair is over an inch on the end of 'that part'). Now I'm convinced he peed somewhere cause he's wet. So I proceed like a fanatic to find the spot so I can spray with Nature's Miracle. I mean I not only look but walk every rug (we have hardwood or tile). Cant find a thing, oh but I just know he peed somewhere. He would have free rein during his free time in house, tethering him to me like I did his sister at this point in her training did not work with Willie, he barked, he pulled etc.

So yesterday I was venting to hubby and telling him I was going to order one of those black lights that would show where he had peed so I could clean it good. He said 'HE IS LICKING HIMSELF, THAT'S WHY HIS ’$&@’ IS WET'.  Now why didnt I think of that. The jury is still out but I sure think this story just might mean the mystery is solved and I owe little Willie an apology for doubting. He has not left a visible puddle on the floor in over six weeks.

Edited by ParadiseTzu
  • Like 11
PipsMom

:judy:Sandra I had the biggest belly laugh at your expense....it just stuck me so funny....sorry -_-

Now that's over..lol....Yes your husband it right. Little boys are fanatic about licking their little thing...no way to stop that, so I ignor it....part pleasuring themselves because it feels good and cleaning themselves...

But what I do ....ever so gently, use the trimmer on the sheath and belly area.....when he was younger I could just use blunt ended scissors......shortening the hair by quite a bit is my intention. .... .I don't ride the skin for it irritates his delicate parts then he scratches, bites and licks excessively there due to irritation till it grows out a bit. Yes you do have to keep the skin taunt with your fingers so no wrinkles get caught and I frankly just ignor what my hands are handling. Every now and again he will get excited him being a mature male now....I just stop and start when I see him swelling...but do it very quickly but gentle... I stay away from the sheith opening and pinch and trim that by scissors shortish.

So you thinking why is this crazy woman trimming " there". If you allow the hair to keep growing several things could happen...long hair could be retracted back inside his sheith causing great pain and distress, keeps hair from staining a ugly brown and smelly, reduces bacteria entering the penis opening, male dogs clean their privates after a pee...reduced hair makes this shorter in duration.

Now Dont go asking for a video demonstration  :blush:   Hahahaha

Edited by PipsMom
  • Like 5
ParadiseTzu

I felt too sorry for him to laugh, LOL! And I wasnt aware that I 'should' trim the hair. I purposefully left it because when he pees outside, he stands straight up to do it. So several times when he stands straight and still, the only way I can tell he peed is looking for a drip on the end of that hair. When he was neutered the vet trimmed it all off and around and that made it difficult for me to tell. But after your advice, I may trim it 'a little', LOL. 

• Like 6
Amy0515

This story is pure speculation but sure makes sense so I'm believing it! I have been upset (and complained several times here) about the progress of Willie's potty training. Peeing only, pooping outside not inside came quickly. But he had gotten to the point where he could stay all night and several hours at a time in his crate without peeing. When he is out in the house I take him out about every 20 minutes cause I dont trust him. But occassionally I get busy and that time is (just slightly) longer. I pick him up and has has a wet boy part (hair is over an inch on the end of 'that part'). Now I'm convinced he peed somewhere cause he's wet. So I proceed like a fanatic to find the spot so I can spray with Nature's Miracle. I mean I not only look but walk every rug (we have hardwood or tile). Cant find a thing, oh but I just know he peed somewhere. He would have free rein during his free time in house, tethering him to me like I did his sister at this point in her training did not work with Willie, he barked, he pulled etc.

So yesterday I was venting to hubby and telling him I was going to order one of those black lights that would show where he had peed so I could clean it good. He said 'HE IS LICKING HIMSELF, THAT'S WHY HIS ’$&@’ IS WET'.  Now why didnt I think of that. The jury is still out but I sure think this story just might mean the mystery is solved and I owe little Willie an apology for doubting. He has not left a visible puddle on the floor in over six weeks.

:judy:   OMG!  I am so sorry for laughing but I'm having this same problem and THIS did not EVEN occur to me!  :laugh: 

Edited by Amy0515
  • Like 5
babybluegirl

So funny, thanks for sharing :)

babybluegirl

8:46am

• Like 3
Marlene

Giggle.  There was a time when I spent so much time searching and emailing regarding canine penis'........I was sure the FBI was going to show up at my door.  I had a foster pup with many problems, one being he could not retract his talliwhacker.  Hope the hair trim helps.

We had always had female pets.  My father died when I was 8, had only half sisters who were teenagers when I was born and had 2 daughters, 3 granddaughters and a bunch of nieces....so when getting our first male Boxer I didn't have ANY experience with caring for little boy parts.  I was obsessed with cleaning Mack's little peepee and constantly worried he had an infection.  THEN....after he was neutered, he was laying in the sun one day, rolled over on his back and I was positive I saw testicles at the base of his sheath (under the skin).  "WHAT ARE THOSE!!!".  I asked my husband (who already thought I was weirdly obsessed with this part of Mack).  I ran to get my copy of "everything you wanted to know about male dog anatomy but were afraid to ask" and learned they are called "bulbs" which swell and tie a mating pair together after ejaculation.

• Like 3
ParadiseTzu

Well, who knew!!! LOL:cheezy:

• Like 3
minabey

:cheezy:

That was funny. Yep, they do like to lick down there a lot. If it's raining outside, I let Monkey go potty in the carport. I can't see him when he goes to one side of the car so I would use my foot to feel him up (and feel pervy) to check if he peed or not. After peeing, I try to wipe him there with a wet towel to get rid of residual pee as often as I can otherwise, he'll just lick that up and I might lean to kiss him (which happens A LOT) and smell it on his breath which would be gross.

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu

Ha ha, what I have to be careful of when feeling under him to tell if he has peed or not....quite a few times now I have stuck my hand under him and feel the warm running of him peeing on my hand. I think he is saying ’that's what you get'.

• Like 1