WOW COOKIE TIME AT OUR HOUSE

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

It is raining here today and the paws are being lazy and laying around......so jealous. Wish I could teach them to do chores so we could all lay around together. Wishful thinking!! I know I have been around these guys to much but when the timer went off to take the treats out of the oven....I turned around to find 4 paws that came alive from their naps sitting patiently behind me.......the smell of the pumpkin must have been the clue that these treats were  for them..............Lexie paced waiting for them to cool.............

DOG BONE BISCUITS

Preheat oven 350

1/2 CAN PUMPKIN

2 EGGS

2 TABLESPOON DRY MILK

1/4 TEASPOON SEA SALT

21/2 CUP BROWN RICE FLOUR

1 TEASPOON OF DRIED PARSLEY OR GINGER OR CINNAMON

In large bowl, whisk egg and pumpkin until smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt and parsley or ginger or cinnamon. Add brown rice flour gradually to form stiff dry dough. turn onto lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out dough.......using a biscuit or cookie cutter to shape biscuits. Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes remove from oven flip cookies over and bake for another 20 minutes.

NOTE......when I did the flour I gradually added just 1 1/2 cups of flour then added enough of the other 1 cup called for to make the dough. The brown rice flour makes these biscuits have a crispy crunch to them and also the flour is easily digested compared to other flours. I was able to find the flour at a specialty store called Earth Fare but I am sure it can be purchased on Ebay.................

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

I have to admit that I did try one..........if it had some sweetner added they would not be half bad..............

• Like 4