Simple but Loved Doggie Treats

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

These are so simple to make and only 3 ingredients and my guys love them. They now know the sound of the cookies sheets when they come out of the oven and all line up to sample the treats fresh from the oven (they cool off quickly)............I think I may have a few spoiled paws in this house.

SIMPLE BUT LOVE TREATS

2 EGGS

1 JAR OF BABYFOOD (6OZ.JAR) ANY FLAVOR.........READ LABEL FOR INGREDIENTS IN CASE YOUR PAW HAS ANY ALLERGIES....SOME BABY FOOD CONTAINS ONION.

2 1/2 CUPS FLOUR........I USE GLUTEN FREE

MIX INGREDIENTS IN BOWL-YOU MAY NEED TO USE YOUR HANDS TO MIX DOUGH. DOUGH WILL BE STICKLY......KNEAD LIGHTLY ON FLOURED SURFACE.....ROLL TO 1/4 INCH THICK AND CUT WITH COOKIE CUTTERS. 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES. SIZE OF THE COOKIE WILL VARIE BAKING TIME.

I made cherry apple treats today and they were a hit.........the blueberry apple was also.  When I do the carrot or sweet potato I add a couple of dashes of cinnamon and a pinch of ginger.to the mixture.

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

You can actually omit the eggs..................

• Like 1
missy dawn
5 hours ago, Sophie's Haven said:

You can actually omit the eggs..................

Yay!!

• Like 1
babybluegirl

Sounds good :) Thanks for sharing.

babybluegirl

4:28pm

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Sophie's Haven

Wanted to share something that happen.  When the paws first started eating the veggie stew I was adding crushed pineapple (good for sensitive tummys) but kept wondering why Lexie and Missy would vomit some of their dinner the  next morning.......I remove the crushed pineapple and the vomiting stopped. So I then started making these baby food based treats........just using veggies in the beginning and then tried some fruit....such as banana w/berries, applesauce ect...........well Lexie and Missy for two mornings in a row threw up and I noticed some of the doggie treats in the mixture and it dawn on me it was fruit based treats they were getting.......so no fruit based doggie treats for Lexie and Missy yesterday and they were fine this morning.........just goes to show you what some can handle others can not.......plus the fact that Lexie and Missy are not the paws in the family that have dealt with food allergies...........that is why in my opinion it is always good to keep a log when you change ingredients in their food so if something happens you can refer back to see if it was anything new you added. Just want to share my experience......

• Like 5
Summerangel
23 hours ago, Sophie's Haven said:

Wanted to share something that happen.  When the paws first started eating the veggie stew I was adding crushed pineapple (good for sensitive tummys) but kept wondering why Lexie and Missy would vomit some of their dinner the  next morning.......I remove the crushed pineapple and the vomiting stopped. So I then started making these baby food based treats........just using veggies in the beginning and then tried some fruit....such as banana w/berries, applesauce ect...........well Lexie and Missy for two mornings in a row threw up and I noticed some of the doggie treats in the mixture and it dawn on me it was fruit based treats they were getting.......so no fruit based doggie treats for Lexie and Missy yesterday and they were fine this morning.........just goes to show you what some can handle others can not.......plus the fact that Lexie and Missy are not the paws in the family that have dealt with food allergies...........that is why in my opinion it is always good to keep a log when you change ingredients in their food so if something happens you can refer back to see if it was anything new you added. Just want to share my experience......

Excellent advice about keeping a log of when you make changes. I only have two paws, but there's no way I could tell you the exact day I changed something without looking it up. 

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Pawz4me

I made these last week for Yogi, using Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour, baby food sweet potatoes and a couple of generous dashes of cinnamon.  He LOVES them!

• Like 5