Have I told you about Bella?

Marlene

Most of you know I have spent many years in owning and rescuing Boxers

I have also shared that we are lucky enough to live part time in Gilroy, CA and Waldport, OR

We were in Oregon and one of our Oregon WCBR volunteers sent out an email  -  "this family is in trouble, have a Boxer and a Shih Tzu."  

This was a young family who traveled from Oklahoma to Oregon because they needed a job.  They made the trip for a promised job....which fell through.

To make a long story shorter the job fell through........they found themselves in a Christian shelter.  The rules were strict for the family of 5  who had 2 canine members of the family.  The dogs could not be in the shelter.....nor could they be in the car in parking.

The WCBR volunteer said she would take in the Boxer and I immediately said we could take the lil one - the Shih Tzu.

I made the 3 hour trip to pick up Bella - the Shih Tzu and scurried home with her.

She was SO cute, so happy with our family.

We were SMITTEN!!

We cared for her for 3 months until the family got back on their feet, got a place to live, jobs and the 3 kids in school.

Meanwhile we had come back to California and when it seemed like Bella was ready to go home, we arranged a transport from CA to OR with 3 dog angels helping.

So Bella is back home but we think of her all the time.....last night my husband said "I wonder how Bella is......we should have kept her".  Which would have led to a whole nuther thing....with us not going through the rigamarole to return her to what turned out to be a questionable family

Bella Sophie wading.jpg

Bella ~ gardening.jpg

Bella watchdog on alert.jpg

• Like 9

I hope she is fine. 

I can imagine you wonder about her, I don't think I would be suitable for resque work, I would want to keep them all. 

You're doing a great job helping dogs. 

• Like 7
PipsMom

What a wonderful thing you did, no wonder you lose a piece of yourself when they have to return home. I do hope she's healthy and happy but feel sad for you wondering how's she doing.

• Like 5
Missysmom

What a cutie Bella is and bless you for what you do. I'm so glad you got to spend the time with her that you did and pray she is doing well. Hugs

• Like 5