The Month of April is...........

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

fa108ba7e632ccf76502f7f3747622ac.jpg.221

I was reading a site with pictures and stories about abused animals and I had tears in my eyes. I had to close the site down as it was heart breaking.............how people can be so cruel..........is beyond me.

2554291601f2e12fccdbef2daa744685.jpg.f26

• Like 6
ShihTzusAreCute

I can no longer read those stories. It hurts too much. That probably makes me weak but...it is what it is. That second quote brought tears to my eyes. I don't apply that just to dogs. I was really hurt when my Betta fish died in a stupid filter accident last week. I hear of people returining Betta boys to the store and I know I could never do it. How could I return that fish to a cup with 250ml of water?? Anyways, I wish animal violence would stop because it's us the humans who look like savages whenever cruelty to animals occurs, in my opinion.

• Like 4
minabey

I avoid those stories, too. Even when there is a happy ending because it's the cruelty/neglect that my brain latches on for a long time, not the rehabilitation/improvement at the end. 

• Like 2
Amy0515
On 3/28/2016 at 4:37 PM, ShihTzusAreCute said:

I can no longer read those stories. It hurts too much. That probably makes me weak but...it is what it is. That second quote brought tears to my eyes. I don't apply that just to dogs. I was really hurt when my Betta fish died in a stupid filter accident last week. I hear of people returining Betta boys to the store and I know I could never do it. How could I return that fish to a cup with 250ml of water?? Anyways, I wish animal violence would stop because it's us the humans who look like savages whenever cruelty to animals occurs, in my opinion.

This is how I am.  I have a very hard time reading these stories or watching videos or stuff on TV.  I cry every time.  Every time that ASPCA commercial comes on, I will bawl.  My husband has started turning the channel anytime it comes on.  I don't really see it as us being weak but being very tender hearted and caring.  It just breaks my heart to see any animal suffer for any reason.  People who abuse animals should be shot IMO.  

• Like 2
Crinkly

Me too.

I can't even watch the Vet tv shows.  Have always considered it a terrible weakness.  And a strange one.  I can watch open heart surgery and programs on human issues, but not animals.  Heck, I can't even watch horse racing or greyhound racing.

So I try to contribute a bit without doing the hands on stuff, where animals are concerned.  I mean, can't work in an animal rescue centre if you are blubbing for the entire working day, can you?  And I would/did.  I volunteered back in Wales for a bit.  Cried for days.  Had to give up. :(

• Like 2