I need some advice on what to do rosie crys all the time if I leave a room go to the loo and so on its only me she dose it with she could not care less about anyone else , do I ignore her? She cries like she's being murdered do I bring her with me to every room I go to, she has free roam of downstairs , I have open plan lounge kitchen diner with a stair Gate to stop my nearly 2 year old getting to the kitchen but she will still cry if she's in the kitchen and I'm in the living room, she is only 9 weeks I've been told she will grow out of it I hope so my ears hurt 

• Like 4
Gigi's Mommy

Aw she is just a little baby!  She will get over it, but don't just ignore her. She is scared. If she hears your voice she will be reassured.  

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Gigi's Mommy said:

Aw she is just a little baby!  She will get over it, but don't just ignore her. She is scared. If she hears your voice she will be reassured.  

Yea I know she is just a baby she sleeps with me at night time and cuddles me all night long she has been much better today I think it's clicking that I'm here and she don't need to be in my arms 24/7

• Like 6
Crinkly

The best way to help her over it is to teach her that you will always come back :)

IF she can get that lesson, then she will cope with longer separations in future.

Can you start off with tiny separations when you just walk into another room and return immediately.  Then over several days increase the time by a few seconds, to minutes...

For puppies, there is absolute safety and comfort in numbers.  Doesn't have to be Mum, but they always have their litter with them, so it is a massive adjustment to be on their own at all.  The easier and gentler you can make this transition now, the less likely she will be to get separation anxiety when she is older.

Does she play with anyone else in the household?  If you can get them to distract her just before you leave, and you just slip away (don't make a fuss or say goodbye or anything) then wander in and out, she may well take it easier.

Hope that helps.

• Like 7

She plays with my eldest son but even when I leave she I'd looking for me but will eventually settle after a while, I have had other dogs in the past but never this breed is it a breed thing? Are they naturally clingy to 1 person? With getting my toddler ready and stuff shall I just bring her up stairs with me? She's doing super great at night and sleeps on a pillow next to me and will stay there the whole night 

• Like 4
Crinkly

They vary a lot in personality.

Cato never squeaked, but his little face used to show he was feeling desperately abandoned.  He would just sit at the bottom of the stairs, staring up, and would stay there for the whole time I was out of sight.  He still does that sometimes.

Tara is a licky whiner.  The fuss and performance!  The drama!  Yet I think deep inside she is less stressed than Cato is...  She will squeak and whine at the trauma of being left, but it stops after a minute or so (her attention span isn't that long, bless her) and she will wander off.

Bearing in mind that they are both grown up now, I have been leaving a dictaphone on when we pop out.  It is very amusing.  There is silence from Cato, and pathetic whimpering and silliness from Tara (for a whole 90 secs) and then there is a concerto of snores as they both fall asleep.  Later, the front gate goes (as we return), and both dogs stop snoring, scrabble their claws on the flooring, and great us at the door as if they had been desperately missing us every second of the last hour.

Separation anxiety is a real and traumatic thing for dogs, and I don't want to imply it is anything else, but my two don't seem to get it (thank goodness).  I have no idea if this is because of their personalities or whether we tried REALLY HARD when they were little to build up their tolerance of alone-time.  Starting with a few seconds, and working up to hours - but it took months to get there.

Can we have some pictures of your little darling?

We like pictures! lol

• Like 6
PipsMom

For a while,there you were describing the same as my Pip when he was a wee puppy....evening sleeping my my pillow at night too........He'd cry at the base of the stairs and get so upset his stomach would run off...hated that. So I just took him everywhere I went ...even upstairs just to the loo :roflmao:

Since Rosie is just  baby she's replaced her real mom with you and we know how puppy's run after their moms constantly...All you can do is be patient, she will grow out of it with maturity..They truely are like human babys in everyway and very sensitive...But I wouldn't have them any other way.

• Like 4
Marlene

My Shorty G came to me as a rescue so I can't speak for Tzu puppies (wish I could).

Shorty just quietly ambles around wherever I go - doesn't have to be in my lap, just where he can see me.  He doesn't have SA but does bark at outside noises when left alone.

You say you have a 2 year old in the family......well now you have a new infant and she is going to need almost as much attention as an infant.  She needs to know where her Mama and pack are until she grows up a little and becomes a "kid" who can entertain herself........but she is always going to be "your baby" - it's why we love them so much.

• Like 5

Thank you I am starting to get that they are not normal pups lol I always wanted a baby girl as I'm have to sons now I have a princess ? , she will get there in time she loved being brushed bless her last night she must have had a tiny knot in her fur she was itching herself then  started to do a little cry she had got her claw stuck I rescued her drama queen then she got another brush to find the evil knot 

Screenshot_2016-04-12-10-29-55.png

• Like 8

She will have a grumble at the stair Gate if she is not getting her own way , and snorts like pig when she's playing with her duck she has a mad 10 mins at night and runs around like she's in the Olympics 

• Like 6
Amy0515
11 hours ago, Jezz said:

Thank you I am starting to get that they are not normal pups lol I always wanted a baby girl as I'm have to sons now I have a princess ? , she will get there in time she loved being brushed bless her last night she must have had a tiny knot in her fur she was itching herself then  started to do a little cry she had got her claw stuck I rescued her drama queen then she got another brush to find the evil knot 

Screenshot_2016-04-12-10-29-55.png

OH MY GOSH!  She is precious!  Look at that sweet little face! :) :inlove:

• Like 6
ParadiseTzu

Yep, that look is saying "I Want It All"! She is so cute!

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

My new dog Is just starting  to feel comfortable with me leaving the room. He has followed me into every room but I just take him everywhere even the bathroom.If I go into the garage for something he has to come with me.

But he is slowly getting over it. He  tore a little paint off my kitchen door before I realized how he hated being alone.

I almost think he was stuck in a room all his life with some of his quirks.

Your little pup is so cute.

• Like 2