cant believe this happening again...

missy dawn

as many of you know,We just took a beach trip,and Minnie didnt do so well while we were there,and she LOVES the beach. took her to the doctor and... this is so hard to even write  and see through the tears...its cancer.vet took xrays,and took me back there to show me,ya'll know she has heart disease, her heart is pushed up to the front and is very enlarged.next was another circle which was her stomach and it was smushed next was a huge circle the size of a grapefruit, its the tumor.this is why she cant eat,stomach is so smushed up with the enlarged heart and this tumor,and thats not the only one.its a very rapid growing cancer.vet said it can start off the size of a pea and be the size of a small cantaloupe within a month! im at a loss !! it seems we just went through this with Molly.dont know that i can take this..when she said the word tumor and cancer ,I lost it!!! I was alone in there and I lost it!!!!  she is at very very high risk for surgery due to how bad her heart is and also,we are just guessing that shes 13,she could be older.she said if she did surgery,she could crash on the table,said she would only have a SLIM chance.said" if " by chance she made it through surgery,that the days following would be no guarantee.said at any moment,any second that huge tumor could rupture and she would be screaming out in pain and would lay here and bleed out until death...we cant watch this happen,so if she makes it until tomorrow,we will be letting her go peaceful...she said she only has a week to live, if that long.!!! i feel numb,and cant do anything but cry,i pull myself together ,then break down again.she wouldnt eat 1 piece this morning.when i first got there ,vet said she was 2 pounds heavier than she was 2 months ago,(MInnie has to constantly go to have her heart checked) I said theres no way,shes barely eating... and her stomach looks real big from the outside,I guess its the weight from that tumor.Im praying and asking God for strength.hubby is devastated .Minnie is his sidekick,his baby... just cant believe this,it want soak in...not again...Molly just left us...not again...God help us

• Like 14
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• missy dawn

• Missysmom

• Marlene

• Crinkly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as many of you know,We just took a beach trip,and Minnie didnt do so well while we were there,and she LOVES the beach. took her to the doctor and... this is so hard to even write  and see through the

Taken 5 -22-16

I've cried all day.ive tried not to but...i can't hold it back.she did eat some supper but no breakfast. We got our photographer to come over. we told her what was going on and she took pictures of he

PipsMom

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm at a loss for words to comfort you but know I'm here for you BF.....God bless you and Minnie come tomorrow.... I know it wasn't a easy choice but one that is the necessary for her not to suffer. 

Hugs 

• Like 8
missy dawn

we just lost Molly 3 years and 9 months ago,im just not ready to go through again

• Like 9
babybluegirl

I'm so sorry to read this.  We're sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way...

babybluegirl

4:10pm

• Like 9
Missysmom

Oh my gosh Sheila I am so very very sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with Minnie, you and your family. Just know are are always here for you. Hugs sweetie:pash:

• Like 8
Marlene

It is the last but kindest and most loving thing we do for these pups we bring into our home, life and heart.  When I am asked "when?" I always say better one day too soon than one day too late.

I know it will bring you some peace, knowing you took away the pain. 

So very, very sorry you have to go through this again but she has such a wonderful long life in your care, you can know you're doing the right thing.

• Like 10
missy dawn

thank you all for the replies,I just cant keep it together today,basket case

• Like 10
Crinkly

So sorry.

Prayers for you all, and Minnie.

She will be waiting for you, and out of pain.

I am so sorry.

• Like 9
Pawz4me

Sometimes I think the best thing is to just go ahead and give in to it and give yourself all the "permission" you need to cry and be a basket case.  It's so very hard to let go of a pet who's been such a big part of your life for so long.  {{{{{ }}}}}

• Like 10
Summerangel

I'm so very sorry to hear about Minnie...

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. 

(((( Hugs ))))

• Like 9
ShihTzusAreCute

Oh my God, I am so so sorry you are going through this :( I can't even imagine how incredibly difficult and heartbreaking it must be! So sorry!

• Like 10
Gigi's Mommy

So sorry.  I just went through this last year with my beloved Persian cat, Seamus.  My thoughts are with you.  

• Like 9
missy dawn

Thank you everyone, we have 24 hours left with her.this is so hard

• Like 9
Marlene
  • Make it a good day......spoil her, spoil yourselves.  If she can eat anything at all, get it for her.  Sleep with her, hold her and take pictures. 
  • We will all be thinking of you in a cyber circle of sympathy and love.
  • Like 8
missy dawn

I've cried all day.ive tried not to but...i can't hold it back.she did eat some supper but no breakfast. We got our photographer to come over. we told her what was going on and she took pictures of her. She sleeps in my husband's arms every night .i have been telling her all day how much I love her and that she's bout to see Molly again.i don't know if I can handle this

• Like 12
Sophie's Haven

Sheila I am so sorry you and Tim are going thru this with your Minnie...........right now nothing I can say will help ease the pain your both going thru. I have been in your shoes a couple of times myself and you have to put Minnie first......you gave her a good life, she was loved and wanted for nothing. Take the time you have left and make sweet memories.........Your all in my thoughts and prayers tonight.....we are here for you. Hugs!!

• Like 7
Luna

Oh, Sheila!  I am so terribly, terribly sorry to hear this!  As you know, I was in the city all day with my DIL and Grandson and this is the first chance I've had to log-onto Chatter.  Get Mama and her prayer circle on this AT ONCE if you haven't already.  We already know they work miracles!

Love you all SO MUCH!!!!

P

• Like 7
Jo-Anne

Sheila, I don`t know what to say..you are all in my thoughts..you and your family are such loving persons, you give and surround your baby`s always with all the love you have, we don`t want goodbyes..I am so sorry.. strenght and hugs from overseasx 

• Like 7
missy dawn

couldnt sleep last night. cant accept that by the end of the day,she will be gone.this is so hard.thank you everybody for the support.we will be leaving for the vets office 8 1/2 hours

• Like 8
Sophie's Haven

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers today to give you the added strength you need to get thru the day........Minnie has been a part of our Chatter Family.....give her HUGS with LOVE from us all.

• Like 8
PipsMom

Your in my thoughts since I woke and my heart is heavy for your sorrow. Praying for Gods strength 

• Like 8