It Has Been 3 Years for this Sweet Girl

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

BeFunky_IMG_1477.jpg.jpg

This Memorial Day Weekend marks 3 years with our Lucy. I don't think Lucy will ever really be OURS......this sweet girl came to us in excellent condition.....had been taken care of properly.....groomed properly.......came from a loving home with lots of attention......was spoiled rotten from what we can gather.  She has never settled in making this her home as of yet......she still is waiting for her master to come for her. Which is so sad. We have no idea of her age.....our vet says she appears to be between 10-12 and that was 2 years ago.........A couple of weekends ago on an antique trip we ran into a couple that their older Shih Tzu was stolen and my first reaction was......was she a girl? They had lost a boy Shih Tzu.......... As much as I would have hated to see her go........there is a part of me that is still looking for her real home.......I just want to see her settle.  But in the mean time she has a loving home with lots of attention/love and no matter what room  she goes in she has a comfy dog bed to lay in. A toy box filled with toys for her to play with........she can get pretty wild at times.......loves to snack and eat. She knows if she hangs with Dad that he will sneak her a treat.........she is a Daddy's girl. Her cataracts have lessen her vision but she still manages to find her way to the creek at the west end of our property......her favorite place to sniff. Once she sets her mind to head in that direction there is no stopping her. She LOVES  to go for rides in the Truck so Dad takes her as often as he can.......she knows how to prop herself up on the door handle to look out as she rides.......loves people. She likes it when Dad does hand toss with her and slides her across the floor........when you go to the frig to get ice from the ice maker  99% of the time don't back up cause she is sitting behind you waiting for you to hand her a chunk of ice.........she does not ask for much........but she does long for her master that she managed to get away from........I feel sorry for both of them in away cause her master will never have closure as what happen to his Lucy.  I say his Lucy because the foster home we got her from tried a bunch of different names to see which she would react to and as soon as they said Lucy she came running to them........we had already planned on naming her Lucy.....we named her after my husband's  Lucy that had just passed 6 years ago at the age of 18............So we celebrate our day with Lucy and hope in time she will make this her HOME.......

BeFunky_IMG_1481.jpg.jpg

IMG_1557.JPGBeFunky_IMG_1857.jpg.jpg

IMG_1424.JPG

• Like 10
Crinkly

This made me cry.

trust me, she does know how lucky she is.

hugs to you, Dad and Lucy

• Like 7
Summerangel

Awwwww brought a tear to my eye too. 

Yes, I agree. She knows she's loved and has a special home with you, her mum, dad and her sisters and brother. Bless her ?

• Like 8
PipsMom

What a special girl. ❤️ A beautiful tribute to her and her life with you daily

• Like 8
Missysmom

Aw Lucy what a blessed girl you are to have such a loving home, your story brought a tear to my eye too. Am so glad you're celebrating 3 wonderful years, hope you had a great day sweetie! Love your pictures, your such a gorgeous girl! Hugs:throb:

• Like 7
Jo-Anne

There you are.. Lucy :throb: sweet sweet little girl. You are always in the hearts of your mommy and daddy who take great care of you..though I understand both you and your mommy that there will always be that question..your story told so beautifull by you Jeannine brought a tear to my eye too. Pics are great!

• Like 6
missy dawn

Lucy is an  extremely lucky little girl to have such loving parents! She's beautiful Jeannine.t hose eyes just melt me!! You can tell she's a pure babydoll

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments about Lucy. She is a sweet little girl.  Twice this month we were called about possible rehoming a Shih Tzu........both were female.......one was 10 years old and her family was dealing heath issues and they could not take care of her anymore and the other the family just wanted to get rid of her........Bill and I had a long talk.......yes we could  take them in ......time and $ not an issue......... but each time we took a new paw in we could see progress with each paw so adding to our family  at the time  was not  an issue........but with Lucy not even at 80% in my eyes it would not be fair to her  so we went with our gut and said it  would not be the thing to do right now..........so say a prayer that these 2 girls find a forever loving home.

• Like 5
Amy0515

Lucy is a lucky little girl.  She has such a sweet face and she looks so loving.  I hope your other two pups find forever homes soon.  I hope they can find owners who will love and cherish them as much as you have Lucy!  

• Like 4
ParadiseTzu

I see an angel in Lucy's eyes and you guys have given her such a loving home, a lucky girl indeed.  I will add my prayers also that the two who needed a good home, find one.

• Like 5