Hi

I have an 18 month old female called Bella. She's house trained but all of a sudden the last few days she has started weeing indoors, even though the back door and patio door are open all day and she's constantly in and out. This morning she did it on my rug right in front of my partner! She only wets at the top of the stairs (I've now put a stairgate up) or on my rug. She's been checked at the vets and all was ok. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

• Like 2
PipsMom

:welcomeani: Jonas and Bella. I don't have any advice but their are plenty here that will...just wanted to say Welcome

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, PipsMom said:

:welcomeani: Jonas and Bella. I don't have any advice but their are plenty here that will...just wanted to say Welcome

Thanks very much ??

• Like 3
Crinkly

If you are sure there is no bladder infection? Cystitis kind of thing...?

any chance she is scared of something outside? Does she go out at other times?

Cato went through a phase of There are Evil Monsters Outside, Please come With Me Mum.

• Like 4
Missysmom

Welcome Tina and Bella, so glad you joined us! I too don't have any advice just wanted to welcome you! When you get a chance please post a picture of Bella we'd love to see her!

• Like 1
Sunlite

Hi and welcome. If it only just started a few days ago...it may have been too early to detect an infection.

Has anything changed recently? New schedule...sounds...etc..

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Crinkly said:

If you are sure there is no bladder infection? Cystitis kind of thing...?

any chance she is scared of something outside? Does she go out at other times?

Cato went through a phase of There are Evil Monsters Outside, Please come With Me Mum.

Hi there

yeah she's been completely checked over. She's in and out the back garden all day long. 

X

1 hour ago, Sunlite said:

Hi and welcome. If it only just started a few days ago...it may have been too early to detect an infection.

Has anything changed recently? New schedule...sounds...etc..

Hi ?

Its been a few weeks but gradually got worse last few days. She was at the vets on Tuesday when she was checked. No recent changes that I can think of. It's so frustrating because I don't want to be telling her off all the time 

xX

• Like 2
Pawz4me

Welcome!

"Completely checked over" includes having a urinalysis done? In the last few days, since the house wetting started?

• Like 2

Is she spayed?

• Like 3
Pawz4me

My guess is that something spooked her outside, possibly while she was in the act of urinating.

I'd take her out on leash on a regular schedule for a few days, give her lots of treats when she pees outside, and see if that gets her back to normal.

"Telling her off" really doesn't do any good at all IME and is in fact counter productive. It's much better to show (or in this case remind her) what you want her to do.

Other random thoughts -- Has your weather changed significantly since this started? Is the grass taller than it used to be, so it's tickling or hurting her when she squats to pee?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

My guess is that something spooked her outside, possibly while she was in the act of urinating.

I'd take her out on leash on a regular schedule for a few days, give her lots of treats when she pees outside, and see if that gets her back to normal.

"Telling her off" really doesn't do any good at all IME and is in fact counter productive. It's much better to show (or in this case remind her) what you want her to do.

Other random thoughts -- Has your weather changed significantly since this started? Is the grass taller than it used to be, so it's tickling or hurting her when she squats to pee?

Hi there. 

We take her out regular morning and tea time, my son takes her after school as well. I can't think of anything that's spooked her, definitely not the grass as its fake ?  

I've deep cleaned my rug and sprayed it with some stuff from the pet shop, hopefully that does the trick. 

She does have a hernia on her belly, I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it, the vet has said it shouldn't affect her unless I want to breed with her. 

Xx

• Like 3