Martha update

Shihtzumummy2

Shihtzumummy2

Dear all, just a quick hello from us here in NZ. Firstly I must congratulate Luna on the wonderful puppies and their photos, gosh they are adorable.

Secondly I feel so sad about the poor little darling that was stolen, "Wally" I really don't know how people cope not knowing what has happened to their beloved pet. I do so hope he is found.

Martha is coming along very nicely, her training is on schedule, her weight gain is very good, she is still very small needless to say, but so was her fur mummy, we don't expect her to grow very much at all, but time will tell.

Her relationship with Bob gets better every day, in fact they do miss each other if they are ever away from each other for any length of time. Bob is so much happier in himself since we got Martha.

Her features are changing too, she has heaps more facial hair, and the hair on her head is beginning to seperate naturally down the middle as is the hair on her spine. She is very fluffy in her legs too. I am very happy with how she is developing, and long may that last. She is amazing with her commands, I do have to say that she is quicker than the boys were at her age? I don't know if thats due to her gender or not?  but I'll take it anyway lol.

We absolutely love  her so much, she is a ray of sunshine, with oodles of personality, she is outgoing, fun and extremely inquisitive!

She is eating very nicely too, she's on Hills Science puppy food a mixture of dry and wet, and loves it. This was what the breeder had her on so we decided to keep her on it if she likes it. We do also give her home cooked chicken and veg too, which she loves. All up at the moment, I can't think of a negative thing about her.

We have been very sick hubby and I for the past two weeks, I'm still not over the hideous bug that has had me confined to the house for days, I'm still feeling unwell but better than last week.

So that's about it for now, we have just gone into NZ summertime, so our days will be longer and that is great, the garden is starting to colour up too which always makes me happy.

Catch up again soon

Love from Ellie,  Bob,  and Martha xxxxx 

Martha sept 26th 1g.jpg

• Like 8
PipsMom

I'm just tickled with her recent picture...Looking at her siggy picture, her eyes said I'm nervous mom......Her eyes in the new picture is full of confidense and I'm so in love with you Mommie :dede:    So happy Bob has fallen in love with her also...He needed her to fill his emptiness and make him complete.

So sorry to learn you have been ill for so long...Sending healing thoughts you'll be stronger soon.

• Like 4
Missysmom

Oh my Martha aren't you gorgeous sweetheart! And look at those beautiful eyes so full of love! Absolutely love her picture and am so happy Bob is enjoying her company now! And what a smart little girl so glad to hear her training is going so well too! All good news except you and hubby being so sick, am praying you both get better very soon. Hugs:throb:

• Like 3
missy dawn

She's an absolute angel ! I think it was meant for this baby to be with y'all, Keep the pics and updates coming!

• Like 4
Shihtzumummy2
9 hours ago, PipsMom said:

I'm just tickled with her recent picture...Looking at her siggy picture, her eyes said I'm nervous mom......Her eyes in the new picture is full of confidense and I'm so in love with you Mommie :dede:    So happy Bob has fallen in love with her also...He needed her to fill his emptiness and make him complete.

So sorry to learn you have been ill for so long...Sending healing thoughts you'll be stronger soon.

Thank you Crystal, I so agree about her eyes now, she is very happy and settled in our home. Her expression as you mention is that of a much loved little girl, who has made our home happy again. She is the apple of her daddy's eye, and as for Bob, he too looks out for her. He has not one aggressive bone in his body, despite her pulling on his ears, or jumping all over his face and body. He just tolerates it until I rescue him from her constant jumping up at him  lol. I do believe that once he knows she is no longer a puppy, he will put her in her place, but not as yet.

I'm feeling a little less nauseated this morning, so I must be on the mend thank goodness xxxx

6 hours ago, Missysmom said:

Oh my Martha aren't you gorgeous sweetheart! And look at those beautiful eyes so full of love! Absolutely love her picture and am so happy Bob is enjoying her company now! And what a smart little girl so glad to hear her training is going so well too! All good news except you and hubby being so sick, am praying you both get better very soon. Hugs:throb:

Thank you Vicki, yes we are very happy with our little treasure, she really is a very smart little girl. Each day is a happy day around here again. Hubby took Bob for some one on one time yesterday morning, the first real long walk since we lost Sam. Up until yesterday Bob didn't want to leave the house, we did take him out but he was very reluctant, so we had to put him into the buggy. Yesterday Hubby and him on foot were away ages, when they returned Martha was so excited to see Bob again. It was so nice to see,  and Bob enjoyed his walk with Daddy I could tell by his expression. I'm feeling a wee bit better this morning thank you Vicki xxxx

45 minutes ago, missy dawn said:

She's an absolute angel ! I think it was meant for this baby to be with y'all, Keep the pics and updates coming!

Thanks Sheila , it's so nice to have Martha to lighten our lives, I so agree that she was meant to be for us xxxx

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

Sorry to hear you and your hubby have been hit with the bug.....hope you both get to feeling better.......enjoy your up coming summer.....ours was long and very hot......we are entering fall and it is still hot........Martha sounds like a bundle of joy and what a blessing things are going so good. Her picture is adorable......she has the cutest face.

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu

Martha is just getting cuter and cuter! Yay Bob, good boy for being patient with Martha's puppy play. She's growing to be a really nice buddy. Thanks so much for the updates, Ellie and hope you and hubby get to feeling even better.

• Like 3
Shihtzumummy2
7 hours ago, Sophie's Haven said:

Sorry to hear you and your hubby have been hit with the bug.....hope you both get to feeling better.......enjoy your up coming summer.....ours was long and very hot......we are entering fall and it is still hot........Martha sounds like a bundle of joy and what a blessing things are going so good. Her picture is adorable......she has the cutest face.

7 hours ago, Sophie's Haven said:

Thanks so much Jeannine, we truly feel lucky to have her. I am improving especially today thank goodness..

7 hours ago, ParadiseTzu said:

Martha is just getting cuter and cuter! Yay Bob, good boy for being patient with Martha's puppy play. She's growing to be a really nice buddy. Thanks so much for the updates, Ellie and hope you and hubby get to feeling even better.

7 hours ago, ParadiseTzu said:

Thank you Sandra, we are very happy to have such a sweet little girl. I am improving daily thank goodness

• Like 3