last day with this hideous Collar on Martha

Shihtzumummy2

Shihtzumummy2

I can't wait for tomorrow when we can finally have Martha's collar off and sutures removed. I'd do it myself but if anything went wrong then her insurance may be compromised,  so hey ho we will do as we are told for once lol.

Her wound is clean and healthy looking, she in herself is just fine, but I can see she is longing to have the collar removed. I can tell you its taken every ounce of strength in me to not weaken and removed both. I do remove it for eating and grooming needless to say, but during the day when I'm busy it has to be on!

The first photo is her out in the big pen this morning, she was just relaxing while waiting for Bob to return from his walk with Daddy.

The second photo is my darling Bob this morning after breakfast, look how clean an eater he is, and by the way, I clipped him yesterday, this is his summer clip. During the cooler weeks, I leave his coat longer.

The third photo is Martha this morning, my gorgeous little girl, but oh dear what a messy eater she is. She is a great little eater but a very messy one, Bob often cleans up after her, then I am forced to clean the floor after her lol. I really don't mind at all. Bob leaves not a trace of food behind, but Martha is rather like my Sam used to be, food everywhere but in the bowl,  or her tummy.  

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

• Like 6
ParadiseTzu

I know Martha will be so happy without the cone but what a good girl, laying so quietly with that cone on.  My two are eaters just like that. Sassy Mae eats very neatly and Willie spills his over the side.  Sassy Mae finishes first and then hovers waiting for Willie to walk off leaving his mess for her to clean up.  Sometimes she just sneaks right up beside him and eats those fallen kibbles while he's still eating from the bowl.  I am always so glad that he says not a word since dogs are notorious for not wanting to be challenged for their food.

Martha is just growing up so fast and so pretty!

• Like 6
Jo-Anne

Sweet sweet Martha, she is very patient look at her lying in the grass with her cone, tomorrow it will go off sweetie, that will be a relief. And that it is all over again, it is always a little stressful..at least that is how I feel about it, with my own dogs I watched them like a hawk :D I love Bob`s short haircut very much, you did a real good job clipping him, his paws and legs so neat, don`t know how you do that :o I always had dogs who are clean eaters, Karel too just like Bob, but I  think it is cute when they eat like Martha does, just too cute she is, saw a puppy just like Martha yesterday, think their very special, was the same colour too, they are so refined, hope I say this right. Never knew before if it wasn`t for you that this nice mix breed was there all the time. Ahw it is winter here Ellie, that is not the case with you is it?..nice warm sunny weather..

• Like 5
beebalm

That's wonderful to hear that her :baby:  cone is coming off.  I know how stressful it is with dogs I have owned.

I always kept the cone on the full time the vet said to. I worry about the what if.

My baby prefers eating from a flat dish.  He is a neat eater.  And always licks his plate super clean.  

• Like 6
PipsMom

Horray liberation at last :cheer:

Mine are neat eaters only because I hand feed them and wipe their long beards afterwards...Yeah their brats but they are my brats hehehe

• Like 5
Crinkly

Yay!  Freedom from that collar!!! Yippee!!!

my two are very neat eaters (unless Tara has worked her eyebrows out of her topknot, in which case she gets them encrusted. :bounce: But the bowls are licked clean and there's nothing on the floor.

mind you, then we have The Facewipe Ritual...

• Like 6
Shihtzumummy2
6 hours ago, ParadiseTzu said:

I know Martha will be so happy without the cone but what a good girl, laying so quietly with that cone on.  My two are eaters just like that. Sassy Mae eats very neatly and Willie spills his over the side.  Sassy Mae finishes first and then hovers waiting for Willie to walk off leaving his mess for her to clean up.  Sometimes she just sneaks right up beside him and eats those fallen kibbles while he's still eating from the bowl.  I am always so glad that he says not a word since dogs are notorious for not wanting to be challenged for their food.

Martha is just growing up so fast and so pretty!

Thank you Sandra, I have to agree she has been so good. She does not have it on all day, but  a good portion of it. We don't mind about her sloppy eating, and the fact they don't fight regarding food is always a plus in m book. I have never had a dog that was aggressive with food thankfully.

She has had a bit of a growth spurt in the past two weeks, she was 4.7kg the day of her op, and now she is 5.1kg. The prediction is for her to reach 5.4kg at maturity, it will be so interesting to see if that is accurate.

• Like 5
minabey

Martha looks so grown up in the photo, not at all tiny anymore! Monkey is a messy eater as well. He would even sometime take a mouthful and then walk a few steps to the rug and proceed to chew it there and/or leave some bits behind. So weird. 

Bob's photo cracks me up. You're saying you just fed him but his face is saying, "Where's my breakfast, Mom?" So.... who's telling the truth? :bigwink:

• Like 4
Shihtzumummy2
5 hours ago, Jo-Anne said:

Sweet sweet Martha, she is very patient look at her lying in the grass with her cone, tomorrow it will go off sweetie, that will be a relief. And that it is all over again, it is always a little stressful..at least that is how I feel about it, with my own dogs I watched them like a hawk :D I love Bob`s short haircut very much, you did a real good job clipping him, his paws and legs so neat, don`t know how you do that :o I always had dogs who are clean eaters, Karel too just like Bob, but I  think it is cute when they eat like Martha does, just too cute she is, saw a puppy just like Martha yesterday, think their very special, was the same colour too, they are so refined, hope I say this right. Never knew before if it wasn`t for you that this nice mix breed was there all the time. Ahw it is winter here Ellie, that is not the case with you is it?..nice warm sunny weather..

Thank you Jo-Anne, this afternoon will be so nice for her, our appointment is at 2pm, after that she can really enjoy her life more. She is a breath of fresh air, her sunny personality is so charming, boy does she enjoy attention!  Daily her confidence increases, and with that she appears even more special. She does attract attention, mainly I believe due to her unique colour, I've not seen any other Cava-tzu like her, I've Googled often but with images they are mostly more Shih Tzu than  Cavalier, Martha has the divine combination of both, niether one is dominant. She is built exactly like her fur mummy, her body coat is most definitely more Cavvie than Shih Tzu, her face and head is definitely Shih Tzu,  her cuteness is definitely more Shih Tzu too. My Cavalier's were very reserved and extremely correct in their behaviour, Martha is more of a free spirit and I believe that to be more Shih Tzu. She has totally charmed her way into Bob's heart, he adores her, he looks for her if she is out of sight for any length of time. As for us the human family, we are totally in love with her, she has healed our broken hearts, we are now moving forward with this charming little girl.

3 hours ago, PipsMom said:

Horray liberation at last :cheer:

Mine are neat eaters only because I hand feed them and wipe their long beards afterwards...Yeah their brats but they are my brats hehehe

Awww bless them both, my sister used to hand feed her previous Cavalier lol, She is under strict instruction not to do so with my two lol

22 minutes ago, minabey said:

Martha looks so grown up in the photo, not at all tiny anymore! Monkey is a messy eater as well. He would even sometime take a mouthful and then walk a few steps to the rug and proceed to chew it there and/or leave some bits behind. So weird. 

Bob's photo cracks me up. You're saying you just fed him but his face is saying, "Where's my breakfast, Mom?" So.... who's telling the truth? :bigwink:

haaaaaaaaaaaa honestly he had just eaten, he is always on the lookout for scraps from Martha, he was like that with Sam too. Yes she has grown and does look more mature, it's so sad to see puppy-hood go by so fast, but that's how it is.

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Freedom at last...........good to hear she is doing so good. Love the pictures of their eating.......I too have some sloppy eaters and a couple of very neat eaters.......

• Like 4
Marlene

Did I miss a "freedom" picture?  

I've had more than my share of those dratted e-collars.  I think they bother me more than the dog......it's one thing when it's for a few days but we've had to do it for weeks in the past.

No sloppy eaters here.......except when Dad feeds them from the table.  GRRRRRRR!!!  His famous one is his cereal bowl which he holds at an angle for them to "pre-clean" when he's done and there are always drops on the floor.  Actually my problem is not with my dogs......it's with my husband!  I've had him in training for 52 years and there is still sooooo much work left to do!

Shorty and Sophie both clean their bowls well enough to "eat off of" - LOL.

• Like 5
Summerangel

Excellent news. So glad she is able to have the collar off. She is looking stunning, such a beautiful little girl. 

• Like 4
Shihtzumummy2

Martha is at last free to lick her abdomen, and free to play as much as she wants. the sutures were ready to come out for sure, there's two little areas that are rather reddish, but I'm sure she will heal herself with her licking. She still looks like my little puppy truly,  her hair however has grown so much, I'm waiting until her bath tomorrow to make a decision as to what to do with her face and head. She was very good at the vets, had heaps of cuddles from the staff and two people waiting with their pets. Bob was so happy to see us return, and now Martha can reach his ears to lick them for him. He loves that, Sam used to do it for him, now my little girl has taken on the role and that makes Bob extremely happy, I will post some photos tomorrow if I get a moment xxx

• Like 6
Missysmom

Yay Martha so glad you're free at last! :clap:do love how sweet you were laying there in that collar though, never had one accept it like that myself though! You are such a precious girl and such a gift to Bob that you eat like and lick his ears like Sam did! :cloud9: Love Bob's new cut, he looks so handsome as always! :throb:

• Like 4
Shihtzumummy2
3 hours ago, Missysmom said:

Yay Martha so glad you're free at last! :clap:do love how sweet you were laying there in that collar though, never had one accept it like that myself though! You are such a precious girl and such a gift to Bob that you eat like and lick his ears like Sam did! :cloud9: Love Bob's new cut, he looks so handsome as always! :throb:

She is loving it all, it's like she has been reborn bless her. As for Bob I'm glad you like his haircut, thanks so much Vicki

• Like 4