Snow day!

Vespertine

Vespertine

It's a snow day! 30-50 cm expected between now and tomorrow. Everything is closed and Effie has quite the view. 

20170214_111639.jpg

I feel like her quality of life has improved since she learned to jump up to and perch safely on the back of the couch. She loves to watch the action. 

• Like 9
Vespertine

I was worried about letting her do it because just a couple of weeks ago she was sitting on a box looking out the bedroom window and "chased" a passing truck right off the box, landing with a thud and giving herself quite a fright!

She seems to have learned her lesson, though, and I think it's desensitizing her to vehicles, which is good for walk safety!

• Like 6
Summerangel

Oh my goodness me. That's a lot of snow... 

over here in the UK we have had a dusting of snow like icing sugar and that's it...  

enjoy your snow from your comfy seat.... keep warm ☃️

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

The look of snow always looks better when it is at someone else house.......keep safe and warm.  Effie has found the perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors, my Bailey has a bench in front of a window where he spends a lot of his time content to sit and watch.

• Like 5
Missysmom

Oooh Effie you have the best seat in the house! you look sooo gorgeous looking out at the beautiful snow sweetie! Enjoy! :throb:

• Like 6
Vespertine

Snow day part two:

20170215_083914.thumb.jpg.9611d3e24221e7b3534f2ef6954e26b3.jpg20170215_083948.thumb.jpg.22852ae01fcabc0d59d88c9ce24d8d95.jpg

The storm rages on. We're over 50 cm as of this morning, with 5-10 cm still to come. Town is shut down again, at least for the morning. 

The backyard:

20170215_094539.thumb.jpg.861d679494f642cb1d61b7f543019dff.jpg

This can't go on much longer - I'm running out of storm chips!

• Like 7
Crinkly

Lovely photos!  I wish we had been there to watch it with you.  Nice and safe in the snuggly warm, looking through the window. :)

It has warmed up here in the UK.  Today felt almost spring-like.  But I expect it will get cold again.  It always does! :roflmao:

• Like 7
Vespertine

Through a window is definitely the best way to enjoy it! I'd rather be in a milder climate, though. Winter is beautiful, but it lasts much too long here. I was in Germany the week before last and the weather was positively balmy by comparison.

• Like 7
Summerangel

Loved part two pictures. Keep lovely and warm guys. Hope it's passes over soon and you get some warmer weather. 

It does look pretty looking from the window out though.. 

• Like 6
Missysmom

Gorgeous snow pics but Wow that's a lot of snow! Poor Effie looks like you gotta be kiddin I ain't going out in That! :hysterical:

• Like 6
missy dawn

Send snow our way!! Didn't get any in 2015, 2016 and so far in 2017.:ranting:

• Like 7
Sunlite

If my crew were aloud to look out the window, they'd spend the whole day barking I'm sure, lol!

We have been getting bits of snow here and there and there's a good amount in the yard. I hate it of course. Sheila, if I had my way I'd send you every single flake myself! ;)

The Tzu crew will reluctantly go out in it...after I push them out!

• Like 3