Lemmy loves walks

I don't get the chance to take him on walks as much as I'd like, but he LOVES them!! Notice how he tries to stay on the line where the grass and pavement meet so he knows where he's going. Pretty smart for a blind dog!!

VIDEO0087.mp4

• Like 4
Sunlite

How cute! He does seem to be enjoying himself!

• Like 1
beebalm
22 minutes ago, PipsMom said:

Bless his heart, you are smart indeed ?

I second this quote! :) 

----------

:cloud9:Bless his sweet little heart ??

He is so smart indeed.

My pup and I are sending your precious gem ? gobs of snuggles :cloud9::cloud9:

Marlene

Aren't they amazing.  Everyone felt sorry for my Lulu because she was blind.  I told them not to.......she had a great life, went lots of places, took walks every day, was able to run offleash in safe places, counter surfed, jumped in every lap that would let her and had a "regular (spoiled) dog life"   :-)

Do you think Lemmy has any sight at all?  Light and dark?

• Like 1
PipsMom

You fostered a blind Shih Tzu awhile back didn't you Marlene? Trying to remember his name....was it Snickers? He was amazing, Do you ever hear updates from new home?

Marlene
5 minutes ago, PipsMom said:

You fostered a blind Shih Tzu awhile back didn't you Marlene? Trying to remember his name....was it Snickers? He was amazing, Do you ever hear updates from new home?

You're right - yes it was Snickers.  I picked him up from the vet after he had his eyes removed.  He was also a character and barely missed a beat.  He went to a new home with a female Lasa Apso (sp?) girlie.  I have cared for him a couple of times when his Mama had to go out of town.......but it's probably been at least a year since I have heard from her.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Marlene said:

Aren't they amazing.  Everyone felt sorry for my Lulu because she was blind.  I told them not to.......she had a great life, went lots of places, took walks every day, was able to run offleash in safe places, counter surfed, jumped in every lap that would let her and had a "regular (spoiled) dog life"   :-)

Do you think Lemmy has any sight at all?  Light and dark?

Vet says if he does have any sight at all, he might see light, but not shapes or figures or anything recognizable. I've seen him squint when he's outside in the middle of the day but he's got no clear vision at all, and no hope of regaining any sight. He maybe having an eye removed soon because it causes him a lot of irritation!

Shihtzumummy2
2 hours ago, Embrins said:

I don't get the chance to take him on walks as much as I'd like, but he LOVES them!! Notice how he tries to stay on the line where the grass and pavement meet so he knows where he's going. Pretty smart for a blind dog!!

VIDEO0087.mp4

fantastic, I am so reminded of my little boy Hadlee, he went blind too, and that did not stop him from having a wonderful life. He was about 8 when he lost his vision, he lived until he was 13.5 years old. He was so confident around here, and he did enjoy having his little sister Pippa who was his eyes most of the time. She used to look out for him, and would run to him if he ever got worried about strangers coming up our drive. As soon as she ran to him he'd be just fine.

Marlene

I think that's the way Lulu saw.......sort of like looking through a white sheet and if the light was just right she might see  shapes.  She often headed towards parked white care or white wall as I think she thought they were openings.