Important notice about Photobucket, Please Read

PipsMom

For those that don't know by now, Photobucket has changing its policy on your account if you use them. One by one but they will get  to you.....so if it's still open to you down load all your photos to you computer and save as a zip file for soon you won't be able to access them. Some fees reported for usage is 400.00 per year to keep using them....based on how many you have in your folders.

You can no longer use the codes there to post to forums without a charge to do so, so I highly recommend you get another host site ASAP.

For those using flicker, smug mug or any other this doesn't apply to you, only Photobucket 

I have been using  https://postimages.org/  free, resizer included, lots of links to all sorts of sites

I'll let others comment of other free hosting sites and add them on Here 

Thank you and hope you can save your pictures from Photobucket before they are held for random, This is not a joke, it's for real.

• Like 2
Pawz4me

Thanks for the info, Crystal.

I can't believe . . . $400/year??? Who would pay that?

• Like 2
PipsMom

Just download over 2000 pictures from my photobucket account to a the hard drive then again to a external hardrive...I will not be held to randsom over my precious one of a kind pictures. Greed will be their down fall...and God don't like Ugly

With that many pictures personal and forums it could quickly become hundred of dollars if I shared them all...makes me mad

• Like 1
Missysmom

Oh my gosh, no wonder it's been such a pain to use lately... will go get my pics off if I still can.. thanks for the heads up Crystal!

• Like 1
Crinkly

Drat.

If I close my PB acct all C&T's blog pics will cease working.

Fortunately, all my pics are already held on my hard drive, and backed up externally too, but it will screw the blog up if Itake all my PB pics down. :angry2:

Will check out postimages.org

Thanks for the headsup!!!

• Like 2
PipsMom

You still get a small allotment free but the catch is when you share they charge extra to share the links. You have to pay for extra storage now when you reach a limit too

Heres their new month plan but paid for annually.

This is what they have displayed on my page now

5960bff662116_ScreenShot2017-07-08at12_17_31.thumb.png.7f58c23022ba1a4e0fbfeb3ca610c384.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
PipsMom

Update July 21,2017

Photobucket and old posts with pictures that were posted on the forum.

I noticed they finally got around to me......locking my account down and old post with images are no longer showing up at all now..... you will see will be this a ugly grey square that says please update your account which means ......they want money every month now to host your pictures. 

SCREEN SHOT BELOW

5971da73003e2_ScreenShot2017-07-21at11_35_23.thumb.png.833e9a546cfaa13654b8df8c815fd237.png

Thankfully I have saved all my albums of personal and Chatter Tzu pictures to another source so that wont be a problem in the future. So if you see your message thats what it means which brings me to the message right now...

If use the forum uploader this wont affect you using the (paper clip) but that has a limit on storage and you will have to delete old pictures when full to release space making room for new photos.

If you find old post with the above message where it was linked by the forums (Insert other media) button it will affect you and your posts will have the grey box and no picture....

Remember....... to free up your personal space you can go through all your allotted pages and delete anything and no longer showing on the forum so you can have more space or replace the with a new picture from another source 

If you have used the INSERT OTHER MEDIA button and inserted a link to PB then all those photos will be the above message and not show up any longer

• Like 1
  • Sunlite unpinned this topic