Wee Bella

Marlene

What she needs.....is to come to my house and sit on my lap and snuggle my neck.  Adorable!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
ParadiseTzu

Oh, how cute she is!

• Like 5
Bella'smum

Hi everyone, I have a question.. can pups get anxiety from putting on a harness?? I put Bella's harness on her last week to go out the back and she just sat there, didn't want to wonder about where as she normally runs about the garden like a mad woman ? so I gave it a try this morning just to walk about the house and she basically slept for a few hours or just cuddled in or sat looking at us with sad eyes, when my son took it off her and opened the back door she went out and was sick ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ParadiseTzu
26 minutes ago, Bella'smum said:

Hi everyone, I have a question.. can pups get anxiety from putting on a harness?? I put Bella's harness on her last week to go out the back and she just sat there, didn't want to wonder about where as she normally runs about the garden like a mad woman ? so I gave it a try this morning just to walk about the house and she basically slept for a few hours or just cuddled in or sat looking at us with sad eyes, when my son took it off her and opened the back door she went out and was sick ?

Has she worn the harness before and been ok with it?  Maybe Bella ate something that didn't agree with her tummy.

• Like 1
PipsMom

At Bella's wee age she won't understand her constraint and naturally hunker down and not move  because she's confused by the feeling....Kind a like us when we have to wear a girdle for the first time  :roflmao:

To get them use to wearing a harness you make it fun and cheerful for short bursts of time. Put it on daily for no more than a few minutes and treat her and make a big fuss like it's the best thing in the world...then take it off...... Each day increase the time by one minute or two and always treat and make happy noises.....slowly build up the length of time till she pays it no mind and considers it a good thing. 

I would believe her tummy issue had nothing to do with her harness time...just a coincidence 

One thing about harnesses is the rubbing of longer hair in the arm pits and chest area...always comb the hair out after it is removed from a walk for the arm motion creates mats and tangles that can become very tight in a short amount of time...

• Like 1
shihtzumomof2

Puppies don't like the harness at first.  Plus they don't understand it's purpose.  A few tries and she will know what to do 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Bella'smum

My daughter plays with Bella as if she is one of her baby dolls and Bella lets her lol. It looks so cute but I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, we are constantly telling her to put her down ?

20170812_095406.jpg

20170826_115406.jpg

• Like 3
ParadiseTzu
4 hours ago, Bella'smum said:

My daughter plays with Bella as if she is one of her baby dolls and Bella lets her lol. It looks so cute but I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, we are constantly telling her to put her down ?

20170812_095406.jpg

20170826_115406.jpg

As long as your daughter does not squeeze Bella too tight while holding or picking her up, I think that's a wonderful relationship they're building.  That's a precious pic, both would win the 'cutie prize'!

• Like 1
Marlene

Seems like a good thing unless Bella seems to be struggling to get free.  Always good for a dog to be kid-friendly.

Beautiful child!

• Like 1
PipsMom

Nothing a Shih Tzu likes better than being our babies and lapping up the loving. What a precious picture too :dede:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...