Shaggy Shorty

Marlene

Shorty has not had a haircut in 3 months!  He has been bathed weekly and brushed by me.....but no haircut.

He looks like a miniature Sheep Dog.

Took him in first thing this morning and counting the hours until I can pick him up clean and sporty at 12:30

I took some "before pics" this morning and will show him off after we get home :-)

The reason for the long period between salon visits is that the groomer we used in Oregon cut him 3 times last year......and didn't tell me!  I just hate to take him someplace he's not familiar with and just kept putting it off.  Arrived back in CA a couple of days ago and got him this appt today.  There  were 8!! Standard Poodles lined up waiting to be checked in!

Let's see if I can post post_grooming pics of Shorty since I'm having such a hard time replying.

Let's see if I can remember what you asked:

The time between the last grooming (pics this morning before we went) are about 3 months 1 week.

About him being cut 3 times - it was all on the last time we had him groomed just before we left Oregon last year.  I did not actually find them until the next day when they were scabbed up.  The worst was under his chin - either a very-too-close razor or scissors left a dime sized scab.  I felt it the next day while on a road trip and he was on my lap.  The other 2 were forgiveable - under an arm-pit and on his belly , light buzz scab.

At the same time last year I had the Shih Tzu foster "Cowboy".  He came to me as a last resort as he had been biting people (me included).  Before I made an appt for him I told her all the details of his problem and again when I took him in.  When I got there to pick him up he was in an "anter-room" and I could hear him yelping.  She charged me more than average and said he was a "problem".  

After that and seeing Shorty cut I didn't want to go back.  But I didn't say anything as we were leaving Oregon - on our way back to California in a few days.

However....I did tell our Oregon Vet (we love him) front office what happened as they recommend this groomer.

So...let's see if I can post a pic or two of Shorty post-groom today.

PS - after I picked him up I took him to Home Goods with me , tucked him the shopping cart with a towel and meandered around the store where he picked out a faux fur rug for Sophie's bed - he already has one and they both love it but don't fit on it together!

Thanks for the compliments on his "longer coat".........I just can't stand it so I think he can't stand it too!  I am a short hair girl - can't stand it when my bangs are too long, hair on my neck is too long and the whole thing is weighing me down, bugging me and making me hot - so I am positive Shorty feels the same way!

Shorty before grooming 2.jpg

Shorty after grooming.jpg

• Like 9
Sunlite

I think he's adorable in the longer coat. Thats a pretty sucky thing to do, cut him and not say anything. Sometimes they can misbehave and that might explain why they might get a cut. The 3 times, were they at each of the visits or at the same time? And why wouldn't they say something? Did you confront them?

• Like 1
ParadiseTzu

I think he’s cute like that too!  I sure hope it was a tiny cut so it didn’t hurt too bad.  Don’t blame you, I wouldn’t have gone back.

• Like 1
beebalm

I love his longer fur! He looks so pretty :cloud9:

You have done a great job brushing him in the past three months.

Is groomer today doing a trim or a puppy cut?

• Like 1
beebalm

Shorty G looks so ?? PRETTY.  

My Carrera loves hearing the word pretty every day when I groom him.

Looks like groomer did a very nice job.

Is Mom happy with his new do?

• Like 1
PipsMom

Oh his new haircut looks so soft and she did a great job making you even more gorgeous Shorty. Bet mom cant keep her hands off your new soft hair

• 2 weeks later...