Rest in peace Donte

PipsMom

I was only your Auntie and watched you grow up from a wee little pup  but I feel the space you left behind so heavily tonight sweet one....Rest now at the Rainbow Bridge and play awhile

You are loved Donte now and forever. 

Auntie Crystal

C4E77E87-1DA7-4D8E-AD3C-F1D530380F66.jpeg.e9bb611c55a0a89d56bc464afa6291bd.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
Sunlite

So sorry Julia.... Run free at the rainbow bridge... :sadangel:

• Like 5
ParadiseTzu

Sweet Donte, you are part of our little family and we will miss you greatly!  Rest In Peace and run free and healthy over the rainbow bridge.

• Like 4
beebalm

Dearest Precious Sweet Donte :emot-angel: our sweet Angel now ?......

My Mom and I are at a loss for words :sad_2:

We can't believe it :sad_2:

Auntie we feel your pain ? and we are so very sorry for your loss.

We just don't have the words.... Sending you, Lacey and all your family our love :throb: during this most horrible devastating  time?

• Like 4
Marlene

I am so sorry I can't post this in the appropriate place because my computer is only allowing me to post - not respond to others)....adding my heartbreak and condolences.  Like others it never occured to me this would be the outcome of Donte's vet visit.

I'll bet Donte will run across a special lady named Roseanne.  She and her husband adopted Boxers through us  and we kept in contact.  Roseanne is so small, so fragile and so loving of all creatures.... She passed today.  I think she just might stay at the Bridge as an angel to all sweet creatures that pass by her.

I am in tears and I'm heartbroken for you Julia.

Run free Donte...play and snuggle and do silly things until your Mama and Lacey meet up with you.

• Like 6
Missysmom

Sweet sweet Donte, we love you so very much sweet angel, we only knew you a short time but loved you dearly, tears are flowing for you and your family this night. Run pain free now our love and we will all see you again at the bridge. Hugs, love and prayers to your dear family at this very sad time.  :throb:

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

It is always a sad day when we loose one of our paw family members here on the forum....even while I am trying to find the right words my thoughts go back to past stories and pictures of Donte and they bring a smile.......lots of good memories to remember. 

• Like 3
ParadiseTzu

Condolences to you, Marlene, on the loss of your friend.  She sounds like a special friend.

I am just heartbroken over Donte.  They are in our earthly lives for too short of a time.

• Like 4

I'm so sorry, Julia.  RIP, sweet Donte.

• Like 3
PipsMom

Update: October 10th

Julia wants me to pass along the message that she has read each and everyone’s condolences off and on through this terrible sad time and she isn’t able to remark just yet ......But know everyone’s comments and sentiments are deeply appreciated.

When the time is right she will be back but till then you still can still leave a message and she will read them in her own time.

• Like 6
PipsMom

Also Donte is back home now with his family in a beautiful onyx urn... surrounded by  his favourite toy duck and his paw print framed picture. Inside the duck is a some of his hair and other precious items

EAF4C843-F474-442F-9901-5EE1F0783724.thumb.jpeg.759344e62fbefc1e259fdde981ca6b40.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
beebalm

I so understand @Summerangel you not being able to type to us just yet.  

Even if you tried you wouldn't be able to see the screen with all your tears.

I know you adored your boy oh so much ?

Buying your black and white boy and girl of the same litter that very special day, not so long ago, was probably one of your favorite days of your life.

Never did you expect to lose your treasure ? at such a young age so full of life. 

So happy you have Lacey to snuggle with in this oh so tough time.  I bet losing a Shih Tzu is that much more difficult because they are the closet breed to being like a human baby, like how we spend one on one time for many minutes per day grooming them up close and personal. 

I know how sweet Donte's right front leg you called his adorable ‘sock' made you always smile :) oh so much (how you cherished him) and you now can smile because he jumping happily :dog: showing off his very special pretty sock to all the puppies at the rainbow bridge ?

I really have empathy for you at this very horrible sad devastating time.  Time does help heal some.

Sending YOU love across the ocean...... hope my reply helped you some :throb:  

Off to hug on my little boy ? now …. this is all just too sad :sad_2:

• Like 7
missy dawn
2 hours ago, PipsMom said:

Also Donte is back home now with his family in a beautiful onyx urn... surrounded by  his favourite toy duck and his paw print framed picture. Inside the duck is a some of his hair and other precious items

EAF4C843-F474-442F-9901-5EE1F0783724.thumb.jpeg.759344e62fbefc1e259fdde981ca6b40.jpeg

This is precious. We have Minnie and Molly too. It's a heartbreaking feeling.my heart is still broke for you Julia 

• Like 4
ParadiseTzu

Julia, I am glad our words help you in a small way in this very sad time.   I think of you every day and pray for your comfort.  What a beautiful memorial you have of the duck and paw prints surrounding his ern.  Surrounding you with cyber hugs.

• Like 3
Crinkly

Hi Julia and Crystal,

I've been wondering how Lacey is coping without her brother?  Sending her love and snuggles too - because it must be very strange for her. :pash:

• Like 2
PipsMom

I asked about Lacey just last night. She has had some quite reflective days but always ready to perk up once daddy gets home ...were she gets heaps of sugar  

• Like 2
Missysmom

Thank you for sharing Dontes memorial with us Julia, it is beautiful. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. And extra big hug to Lacey and you:throb:

• Like 3
ParadiseTzu
6 hours ago, Crinkly said:

Hi Julia and Crystal,

I've been wondering how Lacey is coping without her brother?  Sending her love and snuggles too - because it must be very strange for her. :pash:

Animals do grieve over the loss of their buddy.  I lost a horse a few years ago.  That evening when I was feeding them, one of my horses walked towards the back of the pasture just a calling for the missing one to come eat.  Ordinarily this one doing the calling pushed everyone aside so he could eat first.

Hugs to sweet little Lacey.

• Like 5
Summerangel

Just a short stay here today. 

I’ve read all your messages through lots of tears. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your kind words. 

I cant believe my little man has gone and I’ll never see him again or smell his unique smell or kiss his little paws. We are completely devastated. My life will never be the same ?

Got to go, I can’t see through all these tears. Love you all xx 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
Sunlite

Hugs to you, Julia... I still grieve for Baby... The pain never goes but eventually lessens with time.  Your memories of all the good things from days past will be in your heart forever and will never leave you...
Thought I'd share this, yes I cried watching too... Hugs to you!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2