Dog Park And Beaches

IluvMyShihAndChi

Hey everyone well I usually take my baby to the Dog park about 3 times a week. Not only is it a great place to socialize the dog at a young age, you meet so many other people who care just as much as you do about our babies! They get some great exersice and make many great doggy friends! Shady loves it there... I have heard of many in different towns and I am sure you can look them up online but I take my pooch to Thompson park in Lincroft NJ. If anyone is from around the area!!

Jessica

Sounds wonderful Jessica, unfortunatly here in Arkansas there isn't any such thing as a dog park. Good place for the dogs. We wish we could do something like that....

tzukeeper

We don't have many dog parks here in Georgia either. Atlanta has a few but that is just to far to drive. I sure wish we did though, my puppies would love that. We have an outdoor walk-in movie that we take the dogs to occasionally. They show a movie on the side of this huge barn out in an open field. You can bring a picnic, the kids and the dogs. It's alot of fun, but all the dogs are interested in is playing with the kids and other dogs.

BusterBoo

In Ottawa, Ontario we have dog parks - both off leash and "lease required". I don't like taking Harley to the park because there are a lot of irresponsible dog owners who don't supervise their pups during play. Also, I am not sure that everyone has their furbabies up-to-date on shots.

Luckily I have about 2 acres of property so the dogs have a lot of room to run and play and the neighbours dogs do visit occasionally. :)

ShihtzuBeauty

There isn't anyplace to take our furbabies here. I live in Central Ill. I wish we had someplace safe to take our furbabies and let them run and play. I've often told hubby that I would LOVE to start something like that.

• 2 months later...

No place like that where I live either. I take mine to the college with me sometimes. There is a park there with a pond and a walking area. I try to walk a mile twice a week and take a pup with me so they can get exercise. They all get a turn. :whistling: (eventually) Would be great to have a place like that though.