Doggie Journals And Valentines Day

So I just bought a cute doggie journal online for 17.95. They're having free shipping so that's why I went ahead and bought it. And for all of you new dog owners the here's the link if you wanna check it out: Doggie Journal. Basically it's a puppy memory book that you fill out from your puppy's prespective. I'm wondering if anyone else has one of these kind of books and if you can post links for me to take a look. Also.....what are you getting your furbabies for valentine's day? I was thinking of a gift basket and I found this site and it has a ready made basket (too expensive for my taste) for valentine's day or you can opt for a build your own basket: Gift baskets. So I am thinking of building Ming Ming a basket but I also want some input on if there are other options out there.

Shih Tzus Mama

:wub: I keep a photo album of my dogs from their puppy years and up. Some are from before there was digital cameras and computers. I also have a brag book I carry with me and pictures on my desk at work. I love taking holiday photos of them dressed up.

For Valentines Day I will probably make up a gift bag filled with their favorite things. Some treats they like to eat and lots of their favorite toys. Each one of my dogs has their special favorite when it comes to toys. They get all excited when they see me with a gift bag. They love unwrapping presents and compete for the front seat to see what is inside the bag. They are so funny when they act like anxious kids. I love every minute of it.

Your Ming Ming will also learn to enjoy your special gift baskets you will create for him. Starting it now is a good idea so you can shop for lots of special surprises for him. There is so much out there to buy for him. I always have fun looking at everything in the pet stores and online too.

I don't keep a written journal of my dogs.....I do good just to make a grocery list :love: I have made a photo story dvd of some of the photos I have taken throughout their lives. It is set to music and very cute. If I can ever figure out my new video camera and my video editing software, I will make a little movie. As far as Valentine's Day goes, I try to avoid it all together. I'm usually still committed to my new year's resolution of trying to drop a few pounds. So a holiday that has chocolate involved needs to slide by quietly. Last year for Valentine's Day I brought home a new puppy that we now call Shandi :wub: If the weather is nice maybe we will pack up our wagon and hit our local walking trail.....they love that. And maybe a big bone from the local Publix butcher. :P

aaaawwww..........I've always thought it would be so sweet to bring home a puppy for valentine's day. Yea I am sorta weird, I guess, cause i don't like chocolate. So I avoid it during v'day to. My man usually takes me out to dinner and we see a movie but this year we have Ming Ming and since he can't come along with us we may just end up staying home. We always get each other some little something like cologne (or perfume for me).

ShihtzuBeauty

All of my babies have photo albums. I have a special one too for my st.bernard Oscar :pray: that I lost about 2 1/2yrs. ago. I'm always adding pics to them. I'm a Photo Freak! :love: I will probably get them some special cookies and a baby a piece. They Love getting new plush babies but they don't seem to last as long as they used to . :P

princessphoophoo

Princess has a journal, but there's not much in it as it asks for stuff I don't know like her lineage (she's a rescue baby) and her doggy obedience training certificate (never been). I do however, have her first word and tons upon tons upon tons upon tons of pictures of her. I have every bow and bandanna she's gotten from the groomer and oodles of souvenirs of stuff we've done together.

As for Valentine's Day...Princess and I made a deal; she doesn't ask me to shave my legs and I don't ask her for flowers. :crying: Other than that, we may have heart-shaped hamburgers together, but that'll be about it.

aaawww that's so cute........and a new one on me........I've never heard of heart shaped hamburgers.......I wonder if they have heart shaped chicken nuggets cause Ming Ming and I would be up for that.

princessphoophoo

I have to make the heart-shaped hamburgers. I don't know about the chicken nuggets though. I've never seen any and would have no idea how to go about making them. It's a cute idea for an new business though. :aktion033:

I don't have a journal either for my girls but ton of pictures and scrap book pages of my early dogs cause I keep all my pictures on the computer now so no more scrap book pages. I am a picture hog too and have tons. And as for valentines day. I could get them a goodie or two, but I celebrate it differently than most do. Sorry if this is kinda weird but we (hubby and I) celebrate it as a anniversary so to speak. This year (Now don't laugh)will be the 35th anniversary of our first kiss. We celebrate it just like a anniversary and it is very special day for us. But that is probably what we will be doing this V-day.

:aktion033: Dede and the girls.

Four years ago Ziggy was my Valentines Day present! My dh went to get him, he was barely a month old, and dh had him on our bed when I walked in! I was supposed to take him back to the breeders for him to get a little older, but I didnt. I just couldnt let him go! :pray:

aaaawww Dede.......that's so sweet.........I don't think it's anything to laugh at at all but maybe that's cause I am a hopeless romantic.

That was sweet of your dh to get you a puppy for valentine's day. I spoke to the breeder through email and finally got something today. Turns out that her husband was in a horrible accident in which a lady hit him from behind going 80 or 90 mph. He broke his back, his neck, and a few ribs. I feel so bad for her they're a sweet older couple and her husband was already on oxygen support for having a lung transplant. Anyways she is going to maybe get me to do a website for her and I think I am going to ask for the pick of the litter from her next litter of Shih Tzu pups as payment. So I may be getting a little sister for Ming Ming sooner than what I thought. I've decided on the name MeiLi..........it's a chinese word meaning beautiful.

Thanks Sarah. Good luck on getting MeiLi hope you do so Ming Ming can have a sissy to play with. I noticed you pick the names that seem oriental. Are you partial to those or (if you don't mind)are you oriental too. Your hubby if that is the guy in your pictures looks a little oriental. I am 98% Filipino myself. I wasn't born there but my dads family are there. He is from Cavite City, Phillippines and speaks tagalog(?).

Just interested that is all....

Also getting a pick of the litter pup for setting up a web site for your breeder sounds like a good deal to me... Wish I had such luck but the breeder to my first girl is my daughter and she divorced and quit breeding tzus and only has one now, Cricket's mama Dasey Mae.....I don't think I have enough tzu's yet? I only got two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

take care

Dede and the girls.

Thanks Sarah. Good luck on getting MeiLi hope you do so Ming Ming can have a sissy to play with. I noticed you pick the names that seem oriental. Are you partial to those or (if you don't mind)are you oriental too. Your hubby if that is the guy in your pictures looks a little oriental. I am 98% Filipino myself. I wasn't born there but my dads family are there. He is from Cavite City, Phillippines and speaks tagalog(?).

Just interested that is all....

Also getting a pick of the litter pup for setting up a web site for your breeder sounds like a good deal to me... Wish I had such luck but the breeder to my first girl is my daughter and she divorced and quit breeding tzus and only has one now, Cricket's mama Dasey Mae.....I don't think I have enough tzu's yet? I only got two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

take care

Dede and the girls.

No I am caucasian American but my husband is 3/4 Filipino and 1/4 Chinese. My fiance was born in Mindanao but he moved to Cebu when he was very young and lived there mostly til he was 10 which is when he came to America. He speaks Bisayan. I like the oriental names though because I want my Tzu's to be close to their heritage. Well the pick of the litter thing isn't set in stone but normally she sales the pups for about 400 - 450 and a professional website will run you about $600.00 or more. So I think it's only fair that I get a free pup and the first pick. She's not big into Shih Tzu breeding anyway so I don't think she'll mind. She breeds Yorkies, Maltese, and Toy and Teacup poodle champions.

Edited by MingMing'sMom
ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh DeDe I think thats Sweet! I wish hubby would surprise me w/a new baby this Valentines day! :console: Thats Not going to happen. :)

No I am caucasian American but my husband is 3/4 Filipino and 1/4 Chinese. My fiance was born in Mindanao but he moved to Cebu when he was very young and lived there mostly til he was 10 which is when he came to America. He speaks Bisayan. I like the oriental names though because I want my Tzu's to be close to their heritage. Well the pick of the litter thing isn't set in stone but normally she sales the pups for about 400 - 450 and a professional website will run you about $600.00 or more. So I think it's only fair that I get a free pup and the first pick. She's not big into Shih Tzu breeding anyway so I don't think she'll mind. She breeds Yorkies, Maltese, and Toy and Teacup poodle champions.

oops I just realized I called my husband my fiance............we're new to this so sometimes I mess up. When we got engaged I kept calling him my boyfriend for about a year after. :console: Didn't wanna confuse you since it sorta seems like I am saying I have a fiance and a husband and I'm not that kinda person. Guess that's what happens when you post in a forum at 7:30 in the morning and you're not quite awake.

Edited by MingMing'sMom
ShihtzuBeauty

I caught that and I was confused! :D Thats not hard to do to me though! :dunno:

:) Sarh- you are funny! I figured when I read it that you were newly married....

yea sorry.......I would figure this is a symptom of a newly wed that should go away with time. :23_11_5: On another note I did get my journal yesterday. It was a long drawn out process but I am sure glad it's here now. It's really cool!!