Cheap Sherpa Bag....

Hey everyone.......or ppl that didn't know this already.........you can get this Sherpa Bag online at petsmart for really cheap and shipping is free I think only in the U.S. though. I'm a huge fan of Sherpa Bags since they're so welcomed by airlines and they look really nice. However, the ones I've found else where have been in the $100.00 range. So I thought I'd share this with you all if you didn't already know about it. ENJOY!

Sunlite

I bought mine on ebay quite awhile ago, that's always another alternative too. :aktion033:

What is a Sherpa bag? and do I need to get one.

ShihtzuBeauty

I found this link. It's a soft travel bag for your babies. :roflmao:

http://g.msn.com/9SE/1?http://www.arcatape...CS=AWP&SR=3

What is a Sherpa bag? and do I need to get one.

Nah, you don't need one. A sherpa bag is basically a high quality pet carrier......From the reviews I've read they're quite durable and last forever. It's sorta like if you buy a purse at walmart or if you buy a dooney and Bourke purse.........

I bought mine on ebay quite awhile ago, that's always another alternative too. :roflmao:

true.......although I looked on ebay and with the cheap ones the shipping was way over priced and with the expensive ones..........well they were just too expensive but I'm gonna check on there again new ppl put stuff on there everyday.

Sarah-better wait until MingMing gets to his full size! Ya never know how big or small he will be! :roflmao:

well.....the medium bag is for a dog that weighs 16 lbs and I've been told by the vet with his stature and everything he shouldn't get any bigger than 11 or 12 lbs fully grown unless I over feed him and he gets fat. Last time we went she was concerned he was getting a little over weight at 8 lbs so I'm pretty sure he's not going to be any bigger than 16 lbs. He's nearly 5 months old now so it's only a matter of time before he's all grown up. I mean sure I have about 7 months til he's a year but most dog's I've seen in my life have gotten as big as their going to be by around 6 - 9 months.

Sunlite

I've purchased two of these in the large size:

http://www.sherpapet.com/products/detail.p...oddetail_post=Y

I barely ever use them though it's nice to know I have them if I need them. Think I've used it to transport my kitties more.

Yea I like the large one cause there's so much extra room but I was reading up on airline pet carriers and the large bag doesn't fit in the height requirements.........it's too tall. So I dunno.......right now I have a really nice samsonite dog carrier that was given to me by a doctor that my mom works with. He said his dog grew out of puppy stage and got to big for it so he had no use for it. However, I am now at the same stage as he was. Ming Ming has out grown the carrier and everytime I tote him off to the vets or to petsmart or the groomer's I have to put him in the samsonite carrier and all he has room to do in there is lay down and take a nap. Which is sorta good cause if he stays awake the whole way when I take him out he throws up from car sickness. But it's cruel to not give him room enough to at least sit up or stand up.

well.....the medium bag is for a dog that weighs 16 lbs and I've been told by the vet with his stature and everything he shouldn't get any bigger than 11 or 12 lbs fully grown unless I over feed him and he gets fat. Last time we went she was concerned he was getting a little over weight at 8 lbs so I'm pretty sure he's not going to be any bigger than 16 lbs. He's nearly 5 months old now so it's only a matter of time before he's all grown up. I mean sure I have about 7 months til he's a year but most dog's I've seen in my life have gotten as big as their going to be by around 6 - 9 months.

At the age of 6 months Shandi weighed 10.8 lbs. Now at a year old he weighs 20lbs. That means that in a 6 month period he gained over 9lbs. The vet guessed he would max out at 12lbs. All of mine have just about doubled the weight they were at 6 months old. :pray: