Places in the SF Bay Area

Ozzy'sMommy

I can't wait to take Oz to Carmel by the Sea. He's actually from that area (well his breeder lives in the mountains in the surrounding area). monterey close by is also very dog friendly. i see pups running the beaches all the time. here's a few restaurants that are dog friendly and have menus just for dogs!

http://restauranteur.com/forge/

http://www.carmelsbest.com/portabella/index.html

http://www.hogsbreathinn.net/

there's even a dog friendly hotel http://www.cypress-inn.com/

but here are a few other places in the event you are in the mood to travel with your pet.

palo alto, ca

my office is in this city. great place for pets. cutest dog boutique called "dog town". almost every restaurant has outdoor dining and pets are welcome. you will see dogs walking through downtown all weekend.

los gatos, ca

they have music in the park and pets are invited. their downtown is also very pet friendly.

willow glen neighborhood of san jose

have breakfast at bill's. all dogs are welcome on the patio. great family owned place, fabulous service. cute dog boutique here as well. dogs walking up and down the strip all the time.

and then my fave is santana row in san jose. may through october the humane society has events the first saturday of every month. but also every restaurant with outdoor dining welcomes dogs and there's a farmer's market on sundays that also welcomes dogs.

next weekend is the doggie ice cream social (dog friendly ice cream of course):

Say goodbye to summer and hello to back-to-school days with your doggie best friend! Let your pup cool off in our wading pool and try a bite of doggie ice cream - while it lasts and before it melts – while you enjoy a cup of lemonade. Also, get valuable information about training classes for your dog, clicker training, and doggie day care. Dogs go back to school too! Also, find out about fabulous end of summer activities for you and your dog and get valuable information about keeping all your pets safe from the summer heat.

then september 6th is the dog hero day:

Think your dog is amazing? We think all dogs are amazing in their own right, but come meet some dogs that are true heroes! We’ll have dogs involved in pet therapy, search and rescue, and crime detection, along with their talented human partners. Meet these incredible teams and learn if you and your dog might want to get involved. Plus, we’re inviting dogs who survived hurricane Katrina and their new families for a reunion! Don’t miss this inspiring event!

october 4th is dogtoberfest:

Bid Auf Wiedersehen (goodbye) to Pet Awareness Days until 2009 by attending "Dogtoberfest”! Let your dog sample some munchie treats while you enjoy lemonade, pretzels, and peanuts. Enter your pooch in our Sausage Bobbing or Dancing Dog contest to win a fabulous prize. What would "Dogtoberfest" be without a bit of dancing? Also, learn about fun Halloween happenings for you and your dog and Halloween tips to keep your pet safe and well.

:hysterical:

tzukeeper

All of that is so great! I so wish dogs were as welcome in public places here in Georgia. It's not likely to happen but a girl and her dogs can hope! :hysterical:

Olly-Bears Mama

I took Merphy on vacation with me when he was about 6 months old. We went to Solvang, then Monterey, then San Francisco, then back to Solvang. I would love to live in SF, but its so dang expensive. I took Merphy everywhere with me. I had one of those backpacks that he sat in, and he loved it. He got so much attention. I even took him in the Aquarium and all the museums in that thing. They have the really expensive tour boats, but in the evening, you can catch a smaller boat tour for like $5, and they allowed dogs too (however Merphy did not like that!). I'd love to visit the bay area again, especially now that I know there's even more to do with them!