Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Constant Panting!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Are your dogs panters? Bella pants even when it's not hot. The vet said she had stenotic nares or something like that -- a very small nose...could that be causing the panting? It's driving me crazy. Doesn't seem to bother her at all lol.

Posted

No, Emma only pants when very warm or under stress.

Posted

Sorry wish I knew. Mine usually only pant when they are hot and I have noticed that they seem to pant if they have to go potty.

Posted

Mine pants when its warm or stressed. Get a second opinion by a different vet.

Posted

pinched nostrils can just be because they are teething unless its a matte of life or death dont be tempted to be swayed into surgery...use a infant vapour rub this will help breathing normally also even a drop or two of olbas oil on her bedding will help...they grow out of it unless its an heriditory condition which means her parent has the problem then the parent should not have been bred from....

Posted

pinched nostrils can just be because they are teething unless its a matte of life or death dont be tempted to be swayed into surgery...use a infant vapour rub this will help breathing normally also even a drop or two of olbas oil on her bedding will help...they grow out of it unless its an heriditory condition which means her parent has the problem then the parent should not have been bred from....

Thank you, I'll try those things. My vet has been great, he said that surgery is an option but we need to let her grow up first b/c it should probably correct itself. Also, she shows no other signs of distress, she just pants.

Posted

My Cricket pants a lot. At first it was just if she was stressed or hot, but now she seems to pant at strange times. I think it is her age. I hate to think that it might be a heart problem, but she will be 13 this coming February so I guess it is possible.