What's the latest to let them out for their night time toilet

Summerangel

When would you say is the latest to let Donte and Lacey out to go toilet before bed? At the moment. I'm letting them around 10pm and then I'm nipping off the bed. Some nights, like tonight , I feel rather tired and would like to nip off to bed earlier. But I don't want them to need the toilet in the middle of the night... That would be worse than sitting up and waiting to let them out.

Shihtzumummy2

My two go out at 9 pm and sleep through to 7-30 to 8 am most of the time. They have done that since day one. Hubby wakes them in the morning while he is making coffees for us. Often the boys don't need to go potty until after they have had breakfast at about 9 am

• Like 3
mylittlefluffballs

Watson goes out between 9pm and 11pm, but refuses to go out just before bed and holds until 7:30 am the latest getting up was 8:20am, we have puppy training pad in the room along with a cold water bowl in our room in case he needs a drink in the night too, have only had one accident since we have had him.

Good luck :)

• Like 3

Mine go out usually between 9--10 PM and are good until the following morning anywhere between 7--10 AM.

They can make it 12 hours and if it's raining in the morning, even longer unless you shove them out the door.

Vicki

• Like 4
babybluegirl

We have our usual routine of bed at 9:30pm for Riley during the weeknights and a little later at the weekends, so we take Riley off for his last toilet around 9:15pm and then settle him in the Dining Room with the night lights on, curtains closed, radio on Classic FM, Rescue Remedy sprayed in his Pet Carrier and on a toy of his and then by the time all that's done, it's pretty much 9:30pm so we creep out and shut the kitchen door and go up ourselves to get ready for bed.

When we go downstairs in the morning, usually just after 7am, he's not bursting for the toilet at all when we open the patio door to let him out. Instead, we open the patio door and say "pee pee on grass" and wave our treat hand in a line from his nose to outside the patio door and invariably, he'll take himself off to toilet on the grass. Then he'll come running in for his treat. Then it's breakfast time around 7:25am-ish :)

babybluegirl

11:17pm

• Like 3

Well, my 2 pups go to bed early at about 7:30. I have tried to keep them up later to no avail. So i usually let them fall asleep in the living room, wake them up between 8:30/9 to go potty then take them into my room and into their creates. They are up at about 6 am which is a little earlier than i would like but considering they go to sleep at 7:30 it's not too bad. Plus it gets me a chance to get some stuff done in the morning before my son wakes up.

• Like 4
Missysmom

Missy's last trip out is right after her dinner, somewhere between 5:30 and 6pm. We've tried but she won't go out again so we've stopped even trying. She's good until we get up somewhere around 8am and often she won't actually go until after she's had her breakfast around 9am.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Our routine is between 9:15pm-10:00pm then they are off to bed and sleep until I make the first move in the morning.....usually around 7 or 7:30. When we have some really cold weekends we do a quick run out and potty and come in clean up and jump back into the warm bed until the house warms up.....they love that!!!

• Like 6
Summerangel

Thank you guys, it's lovely to hear your routines :)

Usually around 9-930 they have a bedtime biscuit and their last toilet at 10pm. They go in the kitchen to be bed, they have their night light on. Then if I'm really tired, off to bed I go ;)

So 10pm being the latest is about normal... Must be me, I'm just feeling tired some days. To be honest DH is always up about 5.30am (week days I'm up at 6am) so working my way in 5 minute intervals, so they end up at least 15 minutes earlier isn't going to hurt... As they get older I think I'll increase that time so they go to bed earlier than that. Maybe 9.15, but we'll see how they take to that! ;) lol

• Like 3
babybluegirl

You'll have to bare in mind the daylight saving time, or whatever you call it. After 21 December, it's gradually going to get lighter each night earlier... so that might have to be factored in?!?

Not sure if it's because our clocks went back end of October or whether it's just Riley being lazy ;) but he's never awake in the mornings when I go down now (not sure if it's just too dark outside), that will certainly change as the mornings get lighter next year...

babybluegirl

9:09am

• Like 3

Alex mentioned a good point with Daylight Savings time and then back to Standard Time. With it getting so dark so much earlier this time of year, it seems they want their "sleepy time" so much earlier. They sleep later too because it's still dark.

It always takes a few days to adjust to the time changes, but we all manage.

I just like the longer daylight days much better!

Vicki

• Like 5
Jo-Anne

Karel`s last time out is at eleven o`clock at night, but he does take his time the little fellow at that hour. Then to bed, and up and about around 8 o`clock. Similar here about adjusting to the time changes. And I like, just as Vicki says, the longer daylights days much and much better. WE1summer002.gif

• Like 2
PipsMom

You'll have to bare in mind the daylight saving time, or whatever you call it. After 21 December, it's gradually going to get lighter each night earlier... so that might have to be factored in?!?

Not sure if it's because our clocks went back end of October or whether it's just Riley being lazy ;) but he's never awake in the mornings when I go down now (not sure if it's just too dark outside), that will certainly change as the mornings get lighter next year...

babybluegirl

9:09am

I've wondered what we going to do come summer when the sun has the nerve to start rising around 3am....hope he's not expecting us to get up with the sun...lol Edited by PipsMom
  • Like 4
VanSwssAlmd

When would you say is the latest to let Donte and Lacey out to go toilet before bed? At the moment. I'm letting them around 10pm and then I'm nipping off the bed. Some nights, like tonight , I feel rather tired and would like to nip off to bed earlier. But I don't want them to need the toilet in the middle of the night... That would be worse than sitting up and waiting to let them out.

I let Gizmo out between 10-10:30pm and then we retire. He is usually passed out on the floor or couch at that time anyway. He wakes me up anywhere from 7am to 8:30am in the morning and we go outside shortly thereafter (gotta get my shoes and coat on..lol) Edited by VanSwssAlmd
  • Like 2