Bad breath

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ash0248

ash0248

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:God first and Family next. There is nothing better than quality time with Family.
  • My Furkids:2

• Sign: Nothing Selected

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Do Shih tzus have bad breath? I give Izzie chew toys and I brush her teeth regularly with baths, but her breath is bad. We are going to the vet for shots tomorrow so I will ask him. What do y'all do for your babies breath? I had a Yorkie befor and his was nothing like this.

#2 Marlen

Marlen

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1753 posts
  • Interests:Anything that has to do with my furbaby, gardening, drawing ;)
  • My Furkids:Misha

• Sign: Libra

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Well, Misha's breath used to smell when he was younger and I wasn't brushing his teeth. He changed teeth a month ago, I started brushing them and now he smells minty! :-D I believe that the smell depends greatly on what you feed your dog, the treats that you give him and the quality of the toothpaste. I don't know if I'm wrong or right, I'm sure our more experienced members will have a great explanation!

#3 ash0248

ash0248

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:God first and Family next. There is nothing better than quality time with Family.
  • My Furkids:2

• Sign: Nothing Selected

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thanks. I feed her taste of the wild, her treats are Racheal Ray Savory Bites. I use a clothe wipe for her teeth. That might be the problem. I prob need to go ahead and switch to an actual brush. She is still in the teething part, so I didn't want to be too harsh.

#4 Marlen

Marlen

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1753 posts
  • Interests:Anything that has to do with my furbaby, gardening, drawing ;)
  • My Furkids:Misha

• Sign: Libra

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Yep, the cloth smells when wet, I know from the ones I use for Misha's paws. Go ahead and try a toothbrush. I had to wait because Misha's teeth were sensitive, he had a double row for almost 2 weeks so, they were sensitive and he didn't like me touching them :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name