How many use the puppy apartment?

How many people use the puppy apartment? How did it work for you and how long did it take your puppy to fully get it? I have been using it a few weeks now without too much success. Any tricks or tips?

• 3 weeks later...
Maggie&toby12

I have never used it myself but i have looked it up recently. From what i found out it has to be taken in steps? Each step you move up the closer your dog gets to being puppy apartment trained. But you can not skip steps or go to fast. Apparently all dogs will move at a different pace with the puppy apartment. Some dogs will fly through certain steps while others may take weeks on that step. I am assuming the steps are listed on the dvd that comes with the puppy apartment setup. If you made your own then i guess you could look online for a list of those steps. From what i read it should not take to long to train them using this method though, typically a couple ofweeks in total!

• 3 weeks later...
luvmybabies

I used this to train my tiny malt, Annie. It worked great. You can get a crate that has a divider in it to substitute for the puppy apartment to make it a bit cheaper but you will need the video on how to do the training. They sell it on the website separately I believe. Google to find the website. Big thing is no cheating. Keep the dog confined as much as they say. Make a big fuss if they go. I still change Annie's pee pad everytime I notice she has gone so it is fresh for her. I even notice my Pap and Tzu have sneaked in there to do their business now and again, lol. For Annie the big fuss and snuggling she gets if she is successful as that what works for her. Treats may be needed for your dog.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I bought and used the Puppy Apartment. I love it. It really does work and I think it's more humane. I got Poppy at 8 weeks. Since the breeder pee pad trained her she took to the apartment right away. I bought the pen too. I don't think puppies need to roam all over the house until they are trained. I kept the setup in my kitchen. If I remember correctly, she was completely housebroken when she was 4 mos. The only problem I've had, and actually I prefer it this way, she will not go potty outside or on a walk. Soon as we come back in she heads right to the pee pad. It's a liter box for dogs. I know other people have trained their dogs to go outside too so this might just be Poppy doesn't like it outside. It works for me. I'm an older woman, we have hawks, and our winters are terrible. The picture is from when she was about 10 weeks old. I only use the bottom tray now. Oh, one more thing. It was great at night. I would wheel her into our bedroom and place the apartment up on the dresser so she could see me. Worked like a charm. She whined for a few minutes for the first week but after that I'd say goodnight and that was it.

PS

I really think the puppy needs to be contained in a small room or pen until you are sure that the puppy has the idea. I will recommend this method from now on.

post-8819-0-02077900-1358289317_thumb.jp
Edited by LynnT
  • Like 1