9 replies to this topic

#1 Marley

Marley

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

• Sign: Virgo

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Since the day we brought Marley home she has been waking up between 6:20 and 6:30! EVERY single morning -- is that weird?

It doesn't matter what we do, when I put her in her crate or how tired she is once she is in her crate I don't hear a peep until 6:20!

Just wondering if all dogs do this or what.

#2 Sunlite

Sunlite

Show Time!

• Administrator
  • 8066 posts
  • My Furkids:Baby, Emma, Adele and 2 miserable kitties

• Sign: Libra

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Mine always know when it's breakfast or dinner time, and trust me, they let you know!

#3 Marlen

Marlen

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1965 posts
  • Interests:Anything that has to do with my furbaby, gardening, drawing ;)
  • My Furkids:Misha, Luca

• Sign: Libra

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Jolie is like that. Only difference she wakes up at 2.30, goes potty and then sleeps till 6.30 :P

#4 Maggie&toby12

Maggie&toby12

Silver Member

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Dogs,music and art.
  • My Furkids:Maggie & Toby

• Sign: Leo

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Mine know when it is time to wake up in the mornings to go out and potty. Usually Maggie will let out two very forceful barks (what a diva) and then I know it is time to get up and let them out. Although this can be a pain on those weekends when I am just like oh come on just five more minutes please!

#5 Luna

Luna

Gold Member

• Administrator
  • 8103 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, orchids, gardening, cooking, yoga, doing my nails!
  • My Furkids:Captain Jack and the Tzu Crew

• Sign: Sagittarius

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Mine definitely have stomach alarms, and if I'm 30 seconds late filling the bowls I hear about it...loudly.  Since we usually get up between 5:30 and 6:00 (well, I do) they wake up round 5:30 as well, although they know not to fuss at that point!  Gus likes to get up at 5:00 for some reason, and since he sleeps with us that was an issue for a while because he would insist that since HE was awake WE needed to be awake.  I fixed that and now he waits until my alarm goes off before gleefully jumping on my face.

#6 Marley

Marley

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

It is crazy!! lol...I always go to bed thinking it will be different but it never is -- I don't mind though, I set my alarm for 7:30 but have not needed it since getting her.

I am wondering if that will make life easier when I bring her to bed with me ;) I can set my alarm for 6:30 and that way I can catch her before her usually  pee time! Or maybe she will sleep longer if she can snuggle.

#7 Staria

Staria

Gold Member

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:New life just keeping it going.
  • My Furkids:Chloe and Pepper

• Sign: Sagittarius

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Chloe is my sleepy head she will sleep in and sometimes not even budge after I have been up for a while crazy girl sometime she up early but she can sleep, Pepper is 7 months and he likes to wake me up with the wet nose in the face lol yes they both sleep with me, it's just me and them, know idea what to do if I ever start dating?? Is that strange" you must like sleeping with dogs!"

#8 Vicki

Vicki

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1633 posts
  • My Furkids:Ebony, Panda, Animal Cracker, Nutter Butter and GingerSnap

• Sign: Leo

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Going back and forth between Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time always messes stuff up around my house.

Mine are usually really good about being quiet when *I* get up, but make lots of noise when my Husband gets up.  I've never figured that one out.

Vicki

#9 Marley

Marley

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Gizmoe was amazing -- he would wander into my daughter's room around 8 and sleep with her -- the odd time would come out and grab a drink and lay with me but every morning he would be snuggled in her bed and I could be up for hours before he would stroll out. He would go out to pee/poop maybe 2- 3 times -- once when he woke up, once in the afternoon and once before bed.

I must have done something right because he was the best!

#10 Pudgy_Bailey

Pudgy_Bailey

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Dogs and animals and sweets and Bones and being happy and.....
  • My Furkids:BoyBoy, Bailey, Tigger

• Sign: Cancer

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Mine seem to be able to read the clock and memories my school schedule which changes every 13 weeks.
They know when it's their dinner time and bark when it's late. They know they're night night time and automatically get into the play pens with their beds. They wake up with my mummy for 5 minutes then sleep til when I wake up around 7 or 8. They mope when they know its time for me to leave the house for school. They even bark at me when I'm late for school, built in mummy nagging programming. Haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name