What? Breakfast Tostada?

mr.coffee

mr.coffee

Okay, so much like the chicken thing from my previous meal, I wanted something besides the usual eggs over easy, sausage patty and wheat toast. Variety? Maybe we add a bowl of grits. Yum.

So this morning, I get up and begin ransacking the fridge...eggs, sausage, okay....leftover ribs?!? Hmmm.....small corn tortillas, salsa verde, the remains of a tomato, and a little cheese. The idea's formed. Here we go.

I get my small skillet out and spill in just enough oil to fry up tortillas, crank up the heat. Now that's going, I chop up a frozen sausage patty with the handy-dandy cleaver, and toss it in a skillet. Grab a little meat of some ribs, chop it up and throw it in with the sausage. Medium heat. Oil's still heating, so I get a small bowl, dice up a slice of tomato, and stir it in with a splash of salsa verde. Now the oil's ready, I fry up the tortillas, using my spatula to keep them nice and flat, tostada style. Sausage is cooked through, take it off the heat, and grab my eggs. You can do yours scrambled, yolks broken and cooked hard, whatever. I did mine in the tortilla oil, splashing oil over the top, they stayed nice and compact.

Here's the assembly: slide an egg onto a tortilla, toss a little meat on top, sprinkle some grated cheese, and top with a spoonful of salsa/tomato.

Voila, breakfast tostada, quick & dirty. Just pick it up and eat it. Keep your napkin handy.

-m

LondonGirl

Sooooo.... after last evening's meal and today's breakfast... how much extra exercise did you do today? :P

mr.coffee

Ouch. :(

Okay, I will ramp it up a little, maybe add 5 reps to the pushups and 5 extra minutes on the elliptical. Admittedly, this morning was probably not the healthiest breakfast...the ribs aren't terribly fatty though, the worst of it dripped off in the smoker.

And I'd love to cook for y'all, but you'll have to come here to get it. :)

-m

LondonGirl

I'll bet you do a pretty mean Welsh Rarebit, too - with "Woooster" sauce, of course :)

LondonGirl

Well... if you make the topping with the best porter beer (Guinness for preference) you can drink the rest of the can/bottle when you eat the rarebit. :)

CrazyTzuLady

Man your making me hungry!!!