car seat recommendations?

2 better than 1

Does any one have a car seat that they would recommend? I am looking into getting one that would fit 2 dogs. Probably have to be around 30 to 35-lb. capacity...not sure how big Lyric is going to get, but I am guessing that would be plenty since Pippin is only 10-lbs.

I have been searching the internet and it's a bit overwhelming, so any suggestions would be great. I am also hoping not to spend an arm and leg.

Thanks!

2 better than 1

Ok, not advice on car seats.... what about car harnesses? I am just afraid the pups will get tangled up in them.

Well, here is the one I have in the largest size and two can do fine in it. I love having the drawer in the bottom to store some things you always seem to need.

http://petsnap.com/lookout2.htm

As for harness, I have used several different kinds and any seem to work just great, just need to keep them safe, so whatever you like is best. If you use a harness for walking, that will do just fine. I ended up making little vests for mine with matching leashes and collars, but I was bored and needed something to do...no more, I still have a bunch cut out and haven't had time to get back to them.

IMG_1916.jpg

2 better than 1

Thanks! Until now, I just let Pippin run free in the carl and ikes to jump from the passenger seat into my lap. But now that I have 2 I need to figure something out so that they are both safe. I read about a lady who was in a serious car accident with her dog in the car and it's gotten me very concerned. I've been trying to do some research this past week. Just with the car seats weren't so expensive!

GizmoHappyKitty

I found a used large Snoozer car seat for my two on Craigslist. They haven't had the chance to ride in it yet in the car, but they jumped right in when i had it in my living room.

Michele and the pups

2 better than 1

I would love to find a used one somewhere just to try it out for a while. They are pretty spend new and it would be just my luck that I would spend all that money and neither of them would like it! Maybe I'll keep my eye out for a used on. I have read good things about the Snoozers.

tzuhouse

Sometimes you just have to make a decision to use them whether they like them or not. Neither of my older two like them when I first got them and always tried to jump out.....so I thought it was the lambswool that made it too warm, so I put a thick glass cutting board on the seat to see if that was better, but no, they just didn't like it. So, I tightened the harness strap length so they couldn't jump out and now they are just fine with it. They know they are supposed to stay put when we travel by car. I tried letting them be free and kept having horror visions of them flying through the glass in an accident and decided...."I know care if you like it or not, you ARE staying there"......LOL MOM WINS !!!!!

Dakotah's momma

Mine have always used a carseat. My sons laugh that Dakotah has his own. We love it but can not remember the name of it. It is a 3 in one..car seat, bed and storage. He loves it as it is high enough for him to look out the window.

Maz&Oozy

I love this thread, ive been looking at these car seats for a while and im desperate to get one but they dont do them in the UK and ive found a company in the USA that will send it to me but was unsure what size to get for oozy, I presume the small would be bit to small and was thinking medium, anyone able to give me an opinion/advise?? we are getting another pup would a large double be better or 2 mediums??

Dakotah's momma

Forgot to say I got mine on ebay.

2 better than 1

From what I have read the bigger the better if you are going to have more than one dog in the car seat. Especially if you don't know how big your second is going to get.

I would also like one that is high enough for them to look out the window. That's Pippin's favorite part of car rides.