So easy, but soooooo GOOOOOOD!

mr.coffee

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour

1-1/2 cups beer

seasoning to taste

sliced onions

a whole lot of cooking oil

Heat your oil in a large pan - I like a deep and heavy cast iron skillet - more metal and more oil means a more stable temperature, less drop and quicker recovery when you add cold food to the pan.

Mix equal parts beer and flour in a large bowl. Last night I used Fosters and it was great. A lot of people swear by Michelob Amber Bock or Shiner Bock, and there are purists out there who will tell you it must be a stout or porter. All I can say is experiment with whatever beers you feel like.

Season the batter to taste - I like salt, a little black pepper and a generous shake of hot paprika.

Slice your onions, I shoot for 1/4" thick and save the middles for other dishes. We're making rings, not clumps. :) Last night we only did two medium onions worth, and it was enough for the three of us, but there was plenty of batter left and the oil wasn't loaded down with sludge yet. We probably could've done 4 or 5 onions. Toss them in the batter a few at a time and fry until golden brown, drain on paper towel, consume and enjoy!

Ketchup (catsup?) is good; some like a clone of the BK "Zesty Sauce." Try something like, oh, lets say 3 parts mayo, 2 parts ketchup, 1 part horseradish, add a splash of lemon juice, a sprinkle of sugar and cayenne to taste. That should get you in the ballpark.

-m

ShihtzuBeauty

Oh Man this sounds yummy and easy.:rolleyes:

Wicket's mom

MMMmm, I love onion rings...I prefer honey for dipping though! Will have to try this beer batter recipe, sounds extra yummy!