Petz Life CLEARANCE at Petsmart!

loewenthal.anna

Just stopped by Petsmart and was able to pick up TWO bottles of the Petz Life salmon flavored gel (it was in the cat section) for $14!!! . . . on the website they are listed for $29.99 and you can't do much better than $25 even on Amazon so I was STOKED!

We've been using this product for about 2 months with the Tzu (not twice a day like you're supposed to, but every other day with brushing in between) and it really is fantastic! Lolly went from being told she'd be due for a dental next year (at 6), to our vet saying she'd probably be OK until 7 or 8 years old! It also does WONDERS for doggie breath! I'm baffled that it works, since there's nothing medically proven in it, but I can't deny the results we've seen.

Just wanted to share :head_hurts_kr: I dunno if that's a sale everywhere or if it was just our store but the tag on them said "Priced to clear" which makes me think they didn't sell a lot of it so the corporation is discontinuing it, at least in the cat section.

loewenthal.anna

Haha! Same here, but you learn to work around it :head_hurts_kr:

This stuff is easy though, it's just gel you have to get ON the teeth (or, at least in the mouth) and it does it's thing. . . that's why we bough it to begin with :)

TillyMaeTinkles

This is the second thread of something that was at Petsmart and I didn't know :doh: And I work there. I am seriously bummed out because I love that stuff and I made 2 trips to 2 different places to find the stuff. How the heck! I'll have the scrounge the other local Petsmarts to see if they have some and stock up on it because Priced To Clear=Discountinued for sure. What a bummer, if I knew we had it I would have recommended it to ALL my clients because it really does work. I tried the Tropiclean Fresh Breath when it first came out and her breath smelled better but I didn't see a difference as quickly as I did with PetzLife.

FairyTail Josette

That's a good find, Anna! I pay a lot more than that. The cat section? I swear....all the kitty stuff is always cheaper! I get cat beds and cat carriers for Josey, and they are always cheaper. What's up with that? It's just like with clothes and shoes, guy's stuff is always cheaper than the women's items. :aktion033:

JasperandAkira'smom

I agree Suzi!!!!

loewenthal.anna

I was suprised to see it at petsmart too, actually! They did have the original mint gel ($29) and the spray (26) in the dog dental section but for some reason they plan-o-grammed the salmon flavor in the kitty section and it wasn't selling well so they clearanced it out.

For overall dental health we use 4 things: we brush once a week (which is a joke with Lolly and Money), we use the Petz Life on everyone every 2-3 days (our first bottle is not even 1/3 gone and we've been at it for 3+ months!), we use the cet hextra treats daily (1/2 treat per dog), and we use a chlorhexidine water addative every time we refill their bottle.

I wasn't into dental health until Lolly turned 4 and it became clear that ignoring the problem was no longer an option so with the girls, while they don't need it yet (and Blues doesn't even have all her adult teeth) I want to get in the habit so that maybe we can prevent issues from cropping up.

TillyMaeTinkles

I was always curious about water additives as it taking away from the dog drinking normal amounts of water or it going bad in the water. I already have to wrestle Tilly to brush her teeth with ANYTHING....the chicken flavored toothpaste or Petzlife...she fights me on both. She knows what the tooth brush is and will do anything to get away from it. What's the name of the additive that you use?

Laura&Lucky

After reading this I had to go to PetSmart at lunch :congrats: I got the last bottle of this in the cat section...I've never paid attention to it until you ladies were saying how well it works. Thanks! :)

loewenthal.anna

Oh good! It's not just our petsmart! I figured it wasn't since yaving worked at a petco I know that at least they don't even do ordring, everything comes from corporate!

The brand we used to use of water addative was called" beathe ez" but we stopped carrying it at the clinic so we switched to the Pro Pet variety (at walmart or Target) and when our local stores stopped selling that, we went to a product at Petsmart of which I forget the name. . . Oops!

Either way, what you want in there is called CHLORHEXIDINE. . . The virbac product we carry at the vet now has sorbitol/xilitol which we did call about (its the inredient that makes chewing gum toxic to dogs) and virbac said it's a small enough amount that it doesn't cause issues, but I've steered clear of it just the same. Chlorhexidine is a true antimicrobial so it does the best job in my opinion and our dogs don't mind it in the slightest!