Oopsie Bread

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

3 eggs

1/2 cup cream cheese

1 pinch salt

1/2 cup almond flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Seperate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another.

Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to trun the bowl over without the egg whites moving.

Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. (I use a hand mixer) Add the almond flour and baking powder and mix.

Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix- try to keep the air in the egg whites(even if you overmix they still come out okay)

Put 6 large or 8 small oopsies on a well sprayed baking pan. I use a Tablespoon to drop my mixture on the baking pan.

Bake at 300 degrees for about 25 min. or until the turn golden. I place mine in the refrigerator after they cool. Place in toaster to warm and spread with butter or honey butter.

This is another thing that I love to do is experiment with receipes. This one you can really play with. The hubby loves donuts but since we are eating the healthy lifestyle to stay healthy I came up with a donut receipe using the oopsie receipe.

Make the oopsie receipe, but before adding the egg whites take suger free pudding any flavor, I used french vanilla 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup of almond flour and 1 teaspoon of almond extract add to the egg yolk mixture and mix. The mixture will be thicker due to the pudding so gently fold in the egg whites until all mixed in. Place in well sprayed donut pans and bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Let cool for about 5 minutes.......you will have to take a knive and run around the center of the donut and the outside of the donut. Let cool in a rack. I keep mine in the refrigerater. This receipe is good for diabetic's and low carb lifestyle.

post-42911-0-85041500-1411146518_thumb.j

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

Forgot to mention.............Notice the half eaten donut........that is the pudding receipe. The other donut I used orange zest and orange extract, not quite to perfection still working on that receipe. The oopsie bread is to the back of the donuts.

• Like 1